Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD R Question

• 17-07-2003 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I know this might be a ropey question. but im in the market for a DVD burner and i dunno if to get a DVD+ or DVD- , a mate has a - and it works cool the discs work on ps2 and stuff. does + discs work on ps2?? ive seen a good deal on a DVD+ drive so im interested in which one is "best" to go for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

For a list of useable discs with your playstation check out http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers (not sure if the play station is there though).

My advice would be to buy a dual format writer. The pioneer A06 is availible for £129stg + P&P from SVP comms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Which drive is better, the Sony DRU510A or the OEM Pioneer 106 DVD recorder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Have you bought from them before dude, that drive looks excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

The + discs wont work on the ps2...
    Have bout 1000.s of discs from svp and would recommend them m8...

I,d choose the pioneer over the sony for no other reason that pioneer had 3 excellent writers over the past 3 yrs of so m8..
    Both are really the same i feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

I have the Sony 510A, works well so I'd recommend it. Might have bought the Pioneer (better value) but it was out of stock and I'm an impatient bastid.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bombidol
    Have you bought from them before dude, that drive looks excellent.

I would highly recommend them bomb. I have bought loads of CDr's and DVD's from them. They ever offer the following deal... if you buy a pack of DVD/Cdr's and any of them are faulty you can return the faulty discs (at thier expense) and they will replace the discs.

Originally posted by Mixie
    Which drive is better, the Sony DRU510A or the OEM Pioneer 106 DVD recorder?

Both excellent drives but the Pioneer is cheaper and as Apprentice said the last 3 Pioneer drives were excellent.

Advertisement