Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Someone (it mighta been DMC) told me that the heroin arrived in Kingscourt after a substantial mighration of Dubs to Kingscourt

Ballyduff is full of Dubs. Ditto Virginia. And Cavan has a growing number, which will grow further with the new motorway

Damn Dubs, they ruined Dublin! *

As for the Springs, it is purely the watering hole of underagers and people banned from Cavan towns main nightclubs. It is also the site where gangs from Cavan and Granard like to meet and fook each other up (i tell you, the crips and bloods have nothin on these boyos :D ). Lovely spot the Springs- in the last decade it has seen, from my memory, only 2 seperate murders and at least one reported rape :rolleyes: And they need to frisk ya with a metal detector at the nightclub here in Blanch? :D
    Mind you, theres a now shutdown pub up the road from me with the same death rate, and most of the rest have seen bullets flyin in their day, but still
    Ballyduff is actually one of the nicest looking villages in Cavan

As for Mullagh, someone remind me where it is. Is it a wee village somewhere in the Ballyduff Virginia/meath border area? Me and a mate were tearin the f.uck out of his car one lovely evenin last summer down the country roads of this area and couldnt believe the size of this village we found- the part which had obviously been there for years was tiny, only a few buildings, but this place was covered by litreally hundreds of brand new houses, full of bleedin Dubs id imagine

*Im from Dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Havent been out in the Springs in years.....think there was more than 2 people killed there......bouncer that time but it was a Dub that drove over him when he got threw out.....the other time it was the Cavan Granard usual fights and they kicked his head in.....that was a long time ago when the Springs was the place to be.....everyone got in as well....15 and I was a regular........rape seemily happened at a underage disco....was on paper and all but never heard asnything more about it....the young one was hammered along with the rest of the place....no drink my ass.....was a few other thing but cant remember them...its a bit of a kip and you can never get a bus out of it......spent many a nite standing out there for 2-3 hrs trying to get a bus......even cavan town is bad for taxi on a Sat nite.......

Yeah Mullagh is just outside VIrginia....have never actually gone to the town itself but used to go to school in Virginia so was full of Mullagh heads.....they said town was abit of a kip.......loads of pubs....only one street......havent a clue myself but that what they said and they are from the town....place called rosehill is it thats the dodgy end......lol

Ballyduff as we call it is actually getting alot bigger....used to be really nothing in it but alot of housing estates been built now with the promise of the M3.....as mentioned it is really a market town.....you can go buy a cow on a tuesday in the mark.......couple of nice pubs in there and the locals are usually friendly!!!

Advertisement