Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!!

Options
  • 17-07-2003 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Can anybody help me please???

I downloaded a flash presentation .exe file from a website a kinda jokey thing and it’s gone all haywire!!! I can’t delete it from my desktop, or right click on it. It just keeps coming up with a “FATAL EXCEPTION HAS OCCURRED AT 0028:D66C5EC5 IN VXD MCSCAN32(01) + 008CCF5” Fault. I really need to get this off my desktop, any suggestions????

B.

P.S. I'm not a tech boffin so try and keep it in layman's terms if possible. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

That smiley should be a :

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What was the application? Don't be embarassed, we won't laugh.

Plus, did you try rebooting?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Try starting in safe mode then see if you can delete it.

It's nothing exciting just a flash game.

Reboot?? Eh, showing my ignorance now!!! I restarted the computer several times but to no avail!!!

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

turn off the PC.

turn on monitor.

turn on PC.

Once the splash screen (most likely Intel or Dell) pops up (NOT the windows splash screen- if that appears you've gone too far and will have to start again) start pressing the F8 key (above the 9 on a standard keyboard) repeatedly, about once a second should do it.

From the text menu that appears, select "Safemode".

an ugly (uglier) version of windows appears, OK the warning message and try to delete the file.

Shut down the PC and restart normally (ie, dont touch anything unitl you are asked for password etc.)

• Advertisement

LOLth you're the man!!! Done the job!!!

I knew about Safe Mode but couldn't remember how to get into it!!

Thanks again,

B.

Advertisement