Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Spillage!

Options
  • 17-07-2003 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Help! A general hi-fi question. I left my skylight window open last night and awoke to find rain water had drenched it this morning. It was totally powered off at the time. What are the chances of it still working if its dried out and then turned on?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Should work once you dont turn it on whilst its wet.
    If its out of warranty open it and make sure it dries 100% before turning it on if not leave it until you are positive there is no water left in it and its completley dry.

And move it away from the skylight :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Like he said if there was no power going through it, it'll be fine once it's fully fried out (hopefully) I have wet quite a bit of stuff from mobile phones falling into full sinks of water to like cups of water falling onto stereos they are normally fine when they dry out.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Just open it up, make sure theres no small cracks that water could have run down and settled into then run a hair-dryer over it... I'd leave it for a while tilted then and check once more... either way don't go turning it on till tomorrow at the earliest (unless you're very very sure its totally dry).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leeposh

Many thanks to everyone, it still worked when I set it back up last night. Big relief!

Advertisement