Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble for ISDN >>>>> Broadband users

Options
  • 17-07-2003 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

If you currently are using ISDN and have sent your form to IOL or eircom to change to Broadband, your in for a long wait.

I rang IOL today wondering where my modem was, they "said" they were tracking the package but when I rang later I was told that they never sent the package and that my line never went live.

Eircom are having trouble downgrading the lines to a normal line and then to a Broadband line, there was a meeting this morning about this topic and the people who signed up for this will recieve an e-mail tomorrow about it.

It looks like a grey matter for us ISDN users, we most likely won't be getting our Broadband until mid-August/September.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

There seems to be a solution to Eircom saying they canot migrate a line from ISDN to DSL.
    I had a similar problem in that Eircom said they were unable to go from ISDN to DSL as they did not know how to do it!
    After several pointless phone calls to Eircom I registered a compliant with COMREG to the effect that EIrcom were obstructive, and lo and behold Eircom were suddenly able to perform the task without difficulty.
    You can find COMREG at www.comreg.ie

Hope this helps

Also the one helpful person at Eircom is a lady by the name of Eileen Flynn who is Escalation Manager at Eircom Customer Care Marketing on 1800 200 481

:)

Advertisement