Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Seeing-Eye

• 17-07-2003 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

My setup:
    Netsource SOHO
    Dlink 504
    NAT enabled.
    DHCP server enabled (my machine is using an IP outside the DHCP server's range).

I can ping, download, IRC< SSH etc. perfectly but the ASE installer can't connect to the server to download the application.

Any thing I can try?
    I looked and enabling the DMZ to my PC's address but I think I fscked it or

Netstat:
    TCP jessica:1220 194.251.249.103:27243 SYN_SENT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

hold on, there's a server on your network giving out IP address's?

Ok, so your using an IP out of the scope, fine, ignore the dhcp bit :p

Try using DNS server 194.125.133.10

are you sure there is no firewall options enabled on the router? or any firewall software/hardware on the network? I have the same setup at home, i also have a software firewall on my pc, no firewall settings on the router, no DMZ settings enabled but ASE still works fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

yeah ive been meaning to ask this about ase for ages, what is the flux setting next to the ping in the server window

regards

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

When you ping a server, you're actually pinging it 4 times. Flux is the difference between the highest, and the lowest pings. So if your four ping times are 60, 70, 85, and 65; flux would be 25. The lower the flux, the steadier the connection

thats what thats for

thx ando that was bugging me for ages, so just basically look for the lowest flux number and your away

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

well low flux and low ping ;)

• Advertisement

sigh

if only if only

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by ando
    hold on, there's a server on your network giving out IP address's?

Ok, so your using an IP out of the scope, fine, ignore the dhcp bit :p

Try using DNS server 194.125.133.10

are you sure there is no firewall options enabled on the router? or any firewall software/hardware on the network? I have the same setup at home, i also have a software firewall on my pc, no firewall settings on the router, no DMZ settings enabled but ASE still works fine

nononononono, I thought I ahd mde my self quite clear.
    The problem is not with running ASE or pinging/scanning servers, it's a precursor to that. I can't get the INSTALLER to connect to the server in order to actually INSTALL the program itself.
    I don't see how, except that it doesn't like NAT.
    I'm going to dial-up tomorrow anyways to get myself started, but I expect I'll still see the same problem whenever I go to update the program itself or the filters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Can you telnet to 194.251.249.103 port 27243?

That seems to be where it checks to see if there are updates available. I'd imagine it does the rest via http, and that could well be a problem with netsource's transperant http proxy.

Yeah, I was considering that, didn't get around to it yesterday though, will ty when i get back home this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Syx just get HLSW. www.hlsw.net

• Advertisement

Is that HL/CS specific?
    Because, tbh, I jsut want this for good games such as BF1942, DC, Opflash, QW, 8-way OpenGL Pong

It seems to be ok :)

even has flashpoint support (apparently)

Advertisement