Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formatting DVD + RW media

• 17-07-2003 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Just got my dvd burner working again...,,the pickup was bust in it!!!
    Anyway I have a few dvd +rw media, whats the best way of formatting these for reuse ie what software?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

All packages should do this - my favorite is Nero and I have tried them all. Have been using my Philips +RW since late 2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by unkel
    All packages should do this - my favorite is Nero and I have tried them all. Have been using my Philips +RW since late 2001

Yeah Nero is the best - takes only about 15 seconds to quick format.

Do either you know a good place to buy DVD+R disks.
    I see DVD-R from many sources at around $1.50 each
    but my recorder (NEC) only does +R/+RW and they are very pricy afaics.

ta.
    ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gabbogalway

Hi,

I was wondering as well what's the price of the DVD+R's in Ireland. I'm in germany for the summer & you can get 25 for €39.90. Is this good price.

Thanks,

GABBO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

gabbo - that is a good price, you can hunt around for them over here, there's a place called Discount Computers up the North that does them cheap, not sure of the shipping though.
    Shipping is the problem when getting them from the UK aswell, some online shops that sell very cheap CD-Rs and blank DVD's either don't ship outside the UK or won't quote the shipping until after you've ordered.....

Unkel - have you ever had any problems with the Philips drive ?
    I installed Instant CD/DVD and it took over the drive, then it wouldn't uninstall and I've been having a bitch of a time trying to get it working again, those lovely people in Dell never supplied any drivers when I got the machine.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by gabbogalway
    Hi,

I was wondering as well what's the price of the DVD+R's in Ireland. I'm in germany for the summer & you can get 25 for €39.90. Is this good price.

GABBO!

Very good price. Bring lots back :)

Typical price here for 25 DVD+R would be
    2.90 each X 25 = 72.50 (marx-computers)
    Maplin is 69 for 25 disks.

(these are without case, inc vat and are the slower 2.4 speed disks)

Can you post a link to their site - ta.

ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gabbogalway

I'm not sure if they have a website, i'll check it out later. I've only visited the stores, they are spindles as well.
    DVD-R's are even cheaper.CD-R's are around €15 for spindle of 50. The burner I'm getting is 2speed.

Does anyone know how long it would take it burn one DVD at this speed?

Advertisement