Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Six

Options
  • 17-07-2003 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i'm after listening to their album Fire and think it's a good listen. is there any other bands with a similar sound to them that i can check out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tenacious D are kinda like them with there catchy riffs and lyrics

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You could always try The Darkness. They just released their album in the last couple of weeks. Their version of Street Spirit is defianately worth checking out!!! It's on their website www.thedarknessrock.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i really like Growing On Me but i can't find any songs on the website to d/l. where should i be looking?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

that link gave me

File Not Found
    The requested URL was not found on this server.

there are other songs to be found by knocking off streetspirit.mp3 though

• Advertisement

curious to know what their version of Street Spirit sounded like i got it from a bad place :eek: frowned upon by some on these boards. i like it but it has gaps every now and again. did i get a bad copy or was it like that on the website. quite good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

http://www.thedarknessrock.com/mp3

try this link

edit- just noticed Mossy said this already!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Just listened to that "Growing on Me" track by the Darkness!! Has Robert Smith left The Cure and joined a band with some dodgy old rockers???

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Has Robert Smith left The Cure and joined a band with some dodgy old rockers???
    No robert smith has tallent the darkness are dredful. their music is crap and the bass player looks like the guy from spinal tap. only wild stalions can compare with their level of crapness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Just out of interest - getting back to electric six... can anyone recommend their album?

Months ago an insider told me it was sounding dreadful, and their follow up single "Gay Bar" was one of the worst things he'd heard in years...

But, ugh, I liked Gay Bar. It was short, but catchy enough.... anyway, does anyone recommend their album? (Just smile and say 'Yes' to convince me I should buy this album please :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

If you like Gay Bar and Danger! Danger! you'll like the Album. It's not a great album but it's worth listening too. It's good to hear a group that don't take themselves seriously. And according to M. they are Zappa fans too.

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Just smile and say 'Yes' to convince me I should buy this album please :)

:) Yes

i like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hot-diggity. HMV tomorrow for me :)!

Advertisement