Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite Newbie - Questions

Options
  • 17-07-2003 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to Satellite technology. I am moving into
    a house soon that has a Satellite dish, which I know has been used previously for SKY services. I have no intention of paying SKYs exhorbitant monthly charges. My questions are as follows :

1) Are there any channels I can get for FREE ?
    2) I am particularly interested in having the Irish Terrestrial channels, can these be received via the satellite dish ?
    3) Can I access these new BBC free channels I've heard about ?
    4) What sort of equipment will I need and what will it cost to get these free channels ?

PS. My TVs is not digital

Any guidance greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

u don't need a digital tv to recieve digital that is a common mistake ppl make. to take advantage of the dish you'll need a sky decoder.There a certain amount of channels you can get free but i don't know if the rte channels are included since they are part of the sky family pack

Advertisement