Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Coke

• 17-07-2003 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

I saw today that they have finally started selling this over here now. Damm its so tasty :)

But it cost's 20c more than a normal 500ml bottle :(

Was this just the rip off kip I bought it in or does it cost more all over?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've seen ads for it but havn't seen it in shops in lovely had it in the states. where did you buy it..

tbh 20c is a small price to pay for such a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

heh, i just posted a new thread asking where it can be bought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

yuk yuk yuk

Its disgusting.

Tried it in New York last september. Wasnt impressed. Its a bit of a "marmite" really.
    I really like the new blueberry pepsi, but its hard to find.

Other stuff i'd like to see in ireland:

Peanutbutter M and M's mMMmMMMmmMm
    Oreos (ditto)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Im glad its on the market now. i first sampled it when i was in america 3yrs ago its lovely. but its the same price as regular coke over there. if you pour it into a glass a certain way it looks like guinness. the cherry coke is very nice aswell. ya should also sample Dr pepper red fusion. its regular dr pepper but with extra cherrys its absolutely gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

I actually bought it in a small shop outside Pearse Street Station about 6 months ago?? Haven't seen it anywhere since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Really? If you're paying 20 cent more it could've been an import. Do me a favour and check the labelling, you'll know then.

How did angeloffire buy it three years ago? It only came out last year in america even...?

Blueberry pepsi is alright - spar in phibsboro import it on occasion with vanilla coke, and a lot of places sell oreo's now. Most spar's do, as well as supermarkets.

Not sure about the peanut M&M's...might find them in the aforementioned spar. I know you find hershey's and all that there. Pricey though, since they have to be imported.

Coke's advertising strategy is really FUBAR on this one. It's a talking point for a lot of people now since everyone wants to try it it seems, and now with the ads on tv and such - all we hear is "where is it?"

Any ideas on where to buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I bought it in the Spar near my job. Was just wondering about the price tho as there rip off ****ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

It reminds me of the IBC Root Beer, Cream soda. I think it is yummy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Originally posted by aphex™
    yuk yuk yuk

Its disgusting.

Tried it in New York last september. Wasnt impressed. Its a bit of a "marmite" really.
    I really like the new blueberry pepsi, but its hard to find.

Other stuff i'd like to see in ireland:

Peanutbutter M and M's mMMmMMMmmMm
    Oreos (ditto)

tescos do the small oreos... they aren't the same size as the american ones they are in kinda, lunchbox size pack thingys....

i was delighted when i saw them... loved them when i was in NY... but did anyone ever tast the oreo ice cream???? it is the most genius ice cream ever... its basically hagen dasz like vanilla with loadsa crushed oreos.... if anyone ever finds that please let me know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

but did anyone ever tast the oreo ice cream???? it is the most genius ice cream ever

Um....I love that Ice Cream :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by NoelRock
    How did angeloffire buy it three years ago? It only came out last year in america even...?

Actually I seem to remember John Travolta ordering one in Pulp Fiction. Could be wrong though.

I'm told that its weaker tasting here than in America, as its apparently imported and settles during transit.

}:>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

www.cybercandy.co.uk has a lot of good stuff. pricey tho

anyway, i love vanilla coke. haven't had the irish one yet, but the british and american ones are lovely. american cherry coke is beautiful too, unlike its british counterpart, which just tastes like bland coke. not a big fan of pepsi blue, but wild cherry pepsi is oh so good. and cherry 7up... to a lesser extent. oh, and mountain dew livewire isn't bad either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i love it - theres a place in drumcondra where you can get it - i stock up when i go there - its 1:20 for a can !!!?!?!?!? OUTRAGE ! hope soon its sold everywhere as its oh so nice

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Has anyone ever tried the Wild Berry Skittles in the purple packet? Unbelievably savage. I've only ever seen them in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

ya, me likes them. but i'm addicted to sweetarts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

VC is very nice, pepsi blue is filth imo and so is ( im sorry to say ) red fusion.When i was in blighty a month ago all the tesco's had 2Ltr bottles of VC :D ,which would be nice over here.Neway im off to the US on friday so i think i'll have to indulge in the vast selections of soda's :D there,o and twinky's.

CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by imp
    Actually I seem to remember John Travolta ordering one in Pulp Fiction. Could be wrong though.

He did, but he could quite clearly have used the word 'vanilla' to mean 'plain'. Who knows...

Tried it in America myself too, back in March. Lovely stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

Of the two, I prefer the Pepsi Blue.

I've seen VC at Iceland and Boots... I'm not sure if it has been officially on sale in Ireland, or if its just making it over in random shipments within the British chains...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

I bought a packet of wild berry skittles in BON ESPRESSO on grafton street about 2 weeks ago-same price as normal skittles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I tried it didn't like it

I like teh pepsi twist though .. got 2x2litres of this in iceland for 2euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

I bought a packet of wild berry skittles in BON ESPRESSO on grafton street about 2 weeks ago-same price as normal skittles.

Originally posted by hussey
    I tried it didn't like it

I like teh pepsi twist though .. got 2x2litres of this in iceland for 2euro

Pepsi Twist is putrid - uggh *shudder* and the ads are the worst things on Earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

You can just ask in bars and restaurants to add cherry or vanilla flavouring to your coke. This has worked for me in a few places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

Originally posted by Third_Echelon
    but did anyone ever tast the oreo ice cream???? it is the most genius ice cream ever... its basically hagen dasz like vanilla with loadsa crushed oreos.... if anyone ever finds that please let me know....

OMG!!! i had oreo ice cream when i was in florida, and when i got back to dublin i was telling my friends about how gorgeous it was etc etc but the description you gave there is the exact one!!! same exact wording, lol ****ing insane... ITS GORGEOUS AND IM REALLY WANTING SOME RIGHT NOW.!!!!

just a suggestion, if you were really craving that oreo ice cream you could always get a tub of vanilla haagen dasz ice cream and mash up some oreos finely and stir through ;)

*im really wanting some of that right now*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭razorfeather

you can apparently get VanillaCoke in the Boots pharmacy place in the Blanchardstown shopping centre..not sure on the price though!!

i also saw it in the little shop as you walk away from pearse station....not the spar in the station but like the one a little bit up the road....i think its 1.90 for a bottle of it there. WAY too pricey if ya ask me...

but then again its ridiculously expensive for a bottle of coke anyway.... remember back in the day they used to be 69p?? WHERE ARE THOSE DAYS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vanilla Coke is being bottled here in Ireland - it has been in production for the last three weeks at the Irish plant in Naas (?) and some shops have 500ml bottles of it on sale now.

Still not officially launched yet though - but I have my stock of it now ;).

Oreo's are gorgeous - they're in a lot of Spar's and supermarkets now. And they're sold on the continent too.

Hehehehe, I remember a friend and I went to a supermarket in Florida in search of twinkies - and on the very last shelf, what do we find? Twinkies! And then what do I do...? Not have any!

What a fool - I'll probably never taste them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ha thx for bringing this thread up again for the info ( thats intresting ),i was in the usa 2 weeks ago and bought a box of twinkies- i still have 2 left but dude your not missing much,they are not all that nice tbh.Got some luckey charms and smores cereal which are the bomb.The selection of drinks in the us is amazing ,mt dew,livewire,tropical sprite,wild cherry pepsi,dnL ( 7up ) upsidedown - green fruit drink ),O i got some TAB aswell but it was'nt clear ( wtf ? ).Bring on the VC.:D

CombatCow

Mmm, my friend didn't seem too bowled over by them.. he even offered me one and I didn't take it - jeez - WHY?

Anyway yeah, the selection of everything in America is vast and impressive - no wonder so many of them are, er, livin' it large ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by razorfeather
    you can apparently get VanillaCoke in the Boots pharmacy place in the Blanchardstown shopping centre..not sure on the price though!!
    True. Tis 1.10 there.
    Its horrible though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by razorfeather
    but then again its ridiculously expensive for a bottle of coke anyway.... remember back in the day they used to be 69p??
    500 ml bottle of coke/diet coke etc..
    Average in Buncrana (Donegal) = €1.29 = £1.02

O'Donnell's supermarket, Buncrana = €0.89 = £0.70

Blooming ridiculous.

Advertisement