Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanilla Coke

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Found it in a local shop around the corner from me e1.10... which is the same as a normal bottle of coke. Produced here too, so it must be rolling out to most shops. Hurrah --_--.

Also spotted in this cool little cafe opposite central bank. They sell all sorts of imported drinks (Mountain Dew, Pepsi Blue, Vanilla Coke et al) - be warned though, they are pricey.

I'm fooking obsessed. It isn't even funny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

and it was godawful

hey but I'm one of those people who was turned off Coke when they changed the formula and brought out Cherry Cola.

( why did they pull the worlds biggest selling soft drink off the market ? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Coke are still not making this available to shops.
    It can be bought in Musgraves however. It's likely the Musgraves' here got it from the Musgraves in Belfast.
    Afaik it should retail at the same price as normal coke.

On a side not I had some of that Pepsi Blue stuff. Horrible. But Mountain Dew is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

i tried some pepsi vanilla the other day - not as nice as vanilla coke, and i usually prefer pepsi to coke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

There's Vanilla Pepsi now too?
    When was this released?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Got vanilla coke for the first time today, in O'Donnell's Supermarket in Buncrana. Was quite nice. They only have 250ml cans though, and they come out from the six counties. €0.45 each, so 500ml is 90c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

We sell vanilla coke in large quatities in the shop where i work. its called the city gem on lower abbey st. its 1.55 per 500ml bottle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Got me some vanilla coke today.

Quite a pleasent tipple. I can see myself buying it a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Originally posted by Makaveli
    There's Vanilla Pepsi now too?
    When was this released?
    ya, i had it when i was in america, where it was released a few weeks ago

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Coke are still not making this available to shops.
    It can be bought in Musgraves however. It's likely the Musgraves' here got it from the Musgraves in Belfast.
    Afaik it should retail at the same price as normal coke.

On a side not I had some of that Pepsi Blue stuff. Horrible. But Mountain Dew is lovely.

Yeah, agree on your comments of the drinks there - but anyway... the VC is being bottled in Naas... why would they ship it to Musgraves Belfast, then send it back here? Seems silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

vanilla coke is the schnitz!! i love that stuff.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

everything in the states has peanuts in it, every choc bar.

Anyone ever see Reeces Peanut butter cups, liitle cups of peanut butter in edible casin.

Also, Vanilla coke is for Perverts.

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Yeah, agree on your comments of the drinks there - but anyway... the VC is being bottled in Naas... why would they ship it to Musgraves Belfast, then send it back here? Seems silly.

Coca Cola is bottled in Lambeg, Co. Antrim by the Coca-Cola Bottlers (Ulster) Ltd. and has been for as long as I can remember. Certainly the first cans of VC I got in Buncrana (Donegal) were from the Lambeg plant, though for some reason now, they've only got stuff from England now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

For those who want this (or something simliar), but can't find it, Iceland seems to be now selling Vanilla Virgin Cola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Is it still on sale? I've never actually seen it anywhere, but that rotten diet lemon coke is everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Vanilla coke seems to be being sold very widely in the UK still - apparently it's been pretty successful. Which is good, cos it rocks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

You can get cans of cherry coke and VC in the news agents under the temple bar arch ( across the ha'penny bridge ) o and mt dew.

CombatCow

Originally posted by Lukin Black
    Coca Cola is bottled in Lambeg, Co. Antrim by the Coca-Cola Bottlers (Ulster) Ltd. and has been for as long as I can remember. Certainly the first cans of VC I got in Buncrana (Donegal) were from the Lambeg plant, though for some reason now, they've only got stuff from England now.

Maybe that's because you live in Donegal... here in Dublin, the cans we buy are bottled in Naas, generally speaking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

hmmm - somone should get a list together of everywhere you can buy it, can you get 500ml anywhere in blanch centre ? I love the stuff but so far have only had the small cans and paid 1:20 for them !!!! worth it though

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Maybe that's because you live in Donegal... here in Dublin, the cans we buy are bottled in Naas, generally speaking...

No, we mostly get the stuff from Naas too. Just sometimes it's sourced from the North, so Musgraves may be doing the same, so they wouldn't be sending it from Naas to Belfast and back down.

O'Donnell's in Buncrana were doing the small (250ml) cans for 45c, and then they did the ordinary cans for 60 or 65c. They seem to have run out now. Knew I shoulda stocked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Vanilla coke is biggest FAD 'EVER', and yiz r all knackers who like it cos it's down right manky.

what's wrong wit coke they have to add cherry and vanilla???

Some marketing b*****ds, lookin for rise by 'REVAMPING' their product. God I hate these c***s!!!

I'll stick wit Club Orange or 7UP.

Everything else made by 'the Coca Cola Company'????????????

EVERYTHING

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

i tasted it yesterday and it tasted like coke with eeeehh
    vanila ice-cream ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

You can get Vanilla Coke and all sorts of other stuff in Murphys on Baggot st. Vile tasting tho'. Tastes like a belch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

There was some at an Indian food store I was at last night. The bottles were definitely Irish since the support number was for here. I'm here to support Vanilla Coke, tastes like liquid sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

You can get VC in Viart Wavecrest Newsagents in Sunny Bayside.
    Its feckin LUSH.

Also.... those 7 special edition Magnums...... How lovely were they?

Only ice cream I ate during the summer....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

got a bottle of vanilla coke last night, its sold in that late shopper beside the portabello pub (i was sober), bit sweeter but not worth getting excited over, although they also sell coke light, which i had in amstedam,it nicer than both coke and diet coke

Advertisement