Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

annoying ping

Options
  • 18-07-2003 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

I love BF1942 and luv playin it online. Now up until i got the 1.4 patch i had a stable ping and great games. But at the same time as 1.4 was released i had a geforce 4 put into my comp. Now since then whenever i play online i got a constant message of connection error and cant get a any good games. Only twice has it not done this once on Al amain and once on Iwo jima. I've tried 100s of servers to no success. It is infuriating. Is it my graphics card or the patch? i got both the same day so maybe i have a buggy patch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game to no success...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

your not the only one with this prob im afarid, i basically think that its down to the 1.4 patch full stop, i could quite happily play away on a map and for no reason the ping shoots straight up to 102 and thats the end of Desert combat for me, i just get kicked, im resigned to the fact that until 1.41 comes out I wont be able to play any bf1942 cause the patch is unstable at best.

I did think at one point it was my internet connection, i was on netsmart but im now on anytime and still the problem persists

regards

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I had never seen this problem before until last night.

I was playing on a norweigan server, and the game felt laggy, which is fair enough... Norway is a fair few hops away. But my ping was listed as being 20. I know for a fact that that is BS... the hop from my PC to the far end of the adsl line is 50 ms alone. Every so often, it would spike up to about 190, which seemed to be the real value.

What's worse is that the pings listed in ASE are completely wrong. Servers listed there as having pings of say 250 actually have steady <100 pings, including JarHeadz. It makes finding a low latency server quite tricky. Anyone else noticed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

What are the non DC irish servers please...i'll see if the problem exist there. Cause i cant be arsed to d-load desert combat until i have enuf time (I had previous versions and enjoyed it enuf)

The lag problem i have is constant though. It doesnt feel like lag but more like a bug in the game that is against my computer....hmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Would it be the sound issue?

Choppy gameplay etc:

kdjac

Advertisement