Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renewing your car rip off

Options
  • 18-07-2003 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, my wife has a volvo v40 1.8i se 2000 with 60.000 miles on it.
    Earlier this year we said we may get a new one, so I went to a few dealers in mayo and priced the car if I bought a new one.
    They told me the new models where coming in may, so we decided to wait till later.
    The price offered for the present car was 15/17 k.
    Last week my wife decided the time was right to renew her car!
    She went to the dealer here in Ballina (won't name him ) and was told the new model she wanted was €32+, and he would be so kind to give €10k for the trade in! She came home shocked!
    The following day she rang the Dublin based dealer where she originally bought the car, told him all the facts about the car, and was told trade in would be 15/16 k after vieuwing!!
    I got annoyed with your men over here so I took her car and went back to him, while I was looking at the new model my wife was looking for, your men came and asked me if i was allright?
    I just looked at him and told him to price the car my wife showed him last week again! He went out, came back in and went into his office, came out after a couple of minutes and asked me if it was a se (special edition) yes i said, oh I did not see this last week, he said. Went back in his office and returned after a couple of minutes, and asked me if he gave me a good price would I buy the new one? I said maybe, and he offered €13k, I told him no, and the car was priced there at 16/17k there a couple of months ago by his predecessor, he had to take a urgent phone call and I left. Emailed a complaint to him this morning, and will sent him a link to this thread! So be carefull.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Have a Volvo myself, name and shame him so I can make sure that I will never do any business with him (or anyone I know for that matter). I hate when car dealers (only slightly above taxmen and traffic wardens in my vermin list) try to rip people off. I know they are in it for a profit, but treating you like an idiot is going too far.

Go back to where the car was bought originally, it is worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    ...name and shame him so I can make sure that I will never do any business with him (or anyone I know for that matter).
    A Volvo dealer in Ballina. I'm sure there are hundreds! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Sherlock Holmes has nothing on me. At least not on a friday when I've been drinking thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

A perfect thread for the Rip-Off Ireland board here

Advertisement