Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Muppet Factor

Options
  • 18-07-2003 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

Last night I tried BF1942 "properly" for the first time (I've had bw issues up until now). I was struck by how, it seems, on almost all servers I layed on, the Muppet Factor is massive. TK's were common, screaming "F**K YOU!!!" happened every ten seconds, planes strafing and bombing their own troops and laughing at them etc.

I know this probably isn't just common to BF1942, and isn't directed at this community at all, but some games just seem to have that factor.

I haven't tried CS in europe since I arrrived here 2 years ago, but back home the MF seemed to be massively less than here. Alternatively maybe I'm just getting too old! :)

I have been playing a fair amount of SoF2, and UT2k3, and there seems to be much less MF in those games. What is it about BF1942 that attracts them???

<I should add I've played mostly EA UK servers, but a fair few german ones also seemed to have a MF... except in German...>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

When i was playin before my lag incident i didnt see much muppetry, in fact i see more of the unspoken teamwork in BF1942 then in CS. I play both (i know very rare) and in BF i can go into a server and without asking for it or looking for it. 2-3 other players would link up with me as a squad and work together. Nothing is never needed to be said. The most muppetry i ever see is (like u said) The abuse of some of the vehicles. But its more the cun emplacements then the planes. Sure TK happens every now or then but i never seen it as commonly as every 5 seconds. There are the mistakes (Like for me a battleship shell hitting a squad of friends (oops) ) But in CS i have to scream most of the time for people to use their heads. So no i dont feel there is alot of muppetry in BF1942.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Not common, but it happens. Just take note of which server it was and try others instead. It seemed to happen on a few servers. Others had admins on them so it wasn't really a problem. Lately I've been playing more on clan servers so there's usually some admins on those.

You could always start a vote to kick someone and hope everyone can be bothered to vote (which they never are).

It's just unfortunate you get the occassional TKer that'll have -14 points and is still killing... My pet peeve is the people that use tanks/jeeps to drive to planes. ARGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

hmmm... maybe I was just unlucky last night... I guess I was particularly annoyed at the prick in the large bomber who kept bombing his own base's spawning areas..... I think that was a clincher for me (and it was definitely on one of the EA servers).

Can you suggest non muppet-infested clan servers? Does boards have a recommended server (TM)?

Its a great game tho, and things like DC look really interesting, not to mention SWBattlefields.... w00t! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Moral of this story is dont play on EA servers.
    Play on clan servers if possible better games to had there more teamwork and they are admined.

kdjac

Advertisement