Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete List of Eircom Exchanges

Options
  • 18-07-2003 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Todays Irsih Examiner has an ad from Eircom praising itself for its broadband offering I-Stream.

The ad gives a complete list of exchanges that are currently enabled, and also gives a list of exchanges that will be (hopefully) upgraded in 2003.

The ad was probably in the other major papers as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

is the clondalkin exchange mentioned cos i failed the test a month or two ago. if it is does anybody know where it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

do they give a list of all their exchanges?

i doubt they reveal the location, (which isn't hard to find anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Vishal ,Its on the nangor road (top end ) cant miss it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

could someone with a ocr scaner scan that in and post a link to it
    or even just a jpg of the add

Coyote

what does an exchange look like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ro

Clondalkin is mentioned as being broadband enabled.

It also has a list of eircom exchanges that will provide broadband in 2003:
    Balbriggan
    Caherdavin (Limerick)
    Cavan
    Clane
    Clonakilty
    Clonmel
    Cobh
    Dunboyne
    Dunsaughlin
    Glanmire
    Hettyfield (Cork)
    Kinsale
    Longford
    Lucan
    Maynooth
    Middleton
    Monaghan
    Navan
    Nenagh
    Newbridge
    Newlands Cross
    Rathcoole
    Rush
    Skerries
    Thurles
    Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's an awful ad. Hypocrasy proclaiming that "No-one is more committed to broadband than eircom". Funny that coming from the company who only recently proclaimed that there was no demand for broadband, that it lacked the 'killer application' :rolleyes:

The List of Exchanges (per the ad) are:
    Dublin:
    Ashbourne
    Beggarsbush
    Blanchardstown
    Ballyboden
    Belcamp (Coolock)
    Bray
    Cabra
    Celbridge
    Clondalkin
    Clontarf
    Coolock
    Crown Alley
    Crumlin
    Custom House
    Citywest
    Dolphins Barn
    Dundrum
    Dun Laoghaire
    Foxrock
    Finglas
    Greystones
    Lucan/Ballydowd (yay!)
    Leixlip
    Merrion Square
    Malahide
    North Main (North City Centre)
    Nutley
    Palmerstown
    Portmarnock
    Phibsboro
    Priory Park (Stillorgan)
    Rathmines
    Rochestown
    Santry
    Ship St. (City Centre)
    Shankill
    Sandyford RSU
    Swords
    Summerhill
    Sutton
    Tallaght
    Terenure
    Walkinstown
    Whitehall
    Dublin Airport

Other Areas:
    Arklow
    Athenry
    Athlone
    Athy
    Ballina
    Ballinasloe
    Ballincollig
    Bandon
    Carlow
    Carrick-on-Shannon
    Castlebar
    Castletroy
    Churchfield (Cork)
    Cork Central
    Dennehy's Cross (Cork)
    Dooradoyle
    Douglas
    Drogheda
    Dundalk
    Ennis
    Enniscorthy
    Galway
    Gorey
    Kanturk
    Killarney
    Kilkenny
    Limerick (Roches St.)
    Letterkenny
    Listowel
    Macroom
    Mallow
    Mervue
    Mullingar
    Naas
    New Ross
    Newmarket
    Portlaoise
    Quaker Rd. (Cork City)
    Rathedmond
    Roslevin (Athlone)
    Shannon
    Shannon Airport
    Shantalla (Galway City)
    Sligo
    Tralee
    Tuam
    Tullamore
    Tycor (Waterford)
    Waterford
    Wellington Rd. (Cork City)
    Westport
    Wexford
    Wicklow

Due to be upgraded by the end of 2003: Balbriggan, Caherdavin, Cavan, Clane, Clonakilty, Clonmel, Cobh, Dunboyne, Dunshaughlin, Glanmire, Hettyfield (Cork), Kinsale, Longford, Lucan, Maynooth, Middleton, Monaghan, Navan, Nenagh, Newbridge, Newlands Cross, Rathcoole, Rush, Skerries, Thurles, Trim.

If I've missed any, let me know.

The ad doesn't distinguish between RADSL and standard ADSL.

i am at newslands cross but this is part of clondalkin. Why is this classed as a different exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by vishal
    i am at newslands cross but this is part of clondalkin. Why is this classed as a different exchange?

Because there is a small exchange just off newlands cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

whoot, Foxrock exchange.

Anyone know if it will be weeks or months 'till it's upgraded?

tribble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

The one on the Nangor Rd is a big square building with horrible brown stone and black windows with a big massive mast out the back with loads of microwave links on it. Just follow the road from newlands cross down towards Lifey Valley, you cant miss it!

If your number is 457xxxx or 459xxxx then you are probably on the nangor rd. Think 464xxxx is Newlands Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

in another thread on the same topic dahamsta mentioned that my local exchange, Carrigaline, was penciled in to be upgraded by the end of 2003. I notice however that it's not on the list posted above... That leads me to worry somewhat even though I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I won't be getting broadband within the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i'm surprised but glad dunshaughlin is on the list. any definate dates at all at all?

Usually friggin ugly unless your in foxrock where it looks like a house. Some of the more rural ones are ok looking. Generally there are featureless square buildings built out of some poxy coloured brick and surrounded by pallisade fencing eircom vans, thats usually a give away;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

In fairness looking for something ugly in Dublin wouldnt bring you any closer to what an exchange looks like :p

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    In fairness looking for something ugly in Dublin wouldnt bring you any closer to what an exchange looks like :p

The man has a point there:) :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Any one answer this one, Have we anyone with the 457xxxx
    with broadband, :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Check out the eircom dsl availability tool on there site corkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭lynchie

Originally posted by corkey
    Any one answer this one, Have we anyone with the 457xxxx
    with broadband, :confused:

Ive Eircom I-Stream on Nangor Rd Exchange on 457xxxx number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by VinnyL
    i'm surprised but glad dunshaughlin is on the list. any definate dates at all at all?

at fucking last
    I thought they wouldn't have bothered with us stuck in between the ashbourne, navan and blanchardstown exchanges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

How can you tell wut Exchange ur from again? sumthing to do with your number? Im in the 045 are i dunno if thats my exchange tho, It mentions Newbridge and Clane are being Upgraded so well have to wait and see i guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i live in Dunshaughlin too and thought Broadband would never come to our lil town, any word on when exactly is it coming?..... this is best news ive heard all year,lol!

/me will opt for IOL Broadband when its available for meh low gaming pings to jolt.uk gaming servers:xD

Ive had ISDN for past 3 years and sick of teh high charges and unstable pings in recent games like sof2 and ut2003, broadband here i come:)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am waiting for the Newlands Cross exchange to be done. Does anybody have any idea when this will be dsl enabled any help would be greatly appricaited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

Vishal, Lynchie:

As far as I know the Newlands Xchange connects much of old Clondalkin while Nangor road covers new Clondalkin. Eircom won't be upgrading this exchange for at leat 14 months as it is a 'minor' exchange with less than 1000 lines. Eircom stated that the number of lines in the exchange is the upgrade criterion.

FYI: IBB are installing an aerial at the Monastery road water tower next month which is less than 1km from Newlands. The signal strength to Newlands should be good, hence low latency, according to IBB techs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

proteus,

Where did ye get that info from. That site is great and would cover the whole of the Dutch Village as well as down the Monastry Rd.

thegills

thegills:

IBB did a site survey at my house at Newlands and said I was too far from the Tallaght aerial (over 5km). They then told me about the Monastery aerial. They mentioned a sucessful preliminary site survey they carried out in Western ind est. Are they tendering for corporate clients? How will this affect bandwidth contention, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Proteus,

I think you'll find that there are a hell of a lot more than 1,000 lines running from Newlands X. Please see no. ranges below

4032000 - 4034999
    4036000 - 4037999
    4111000 - 4111999
    4123000 - 4123999
    4591000 - 4595999
    4614000 - 4619999
    4640000 - 4643999

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

As regards forecast date for Newlands, it is due to be done before the turn of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

any ideas whatsoever when its coming to cabintelly?

• Advertisement

gombin:

Maybe you're right, but these were the brush-off excuses in reply to my repeated attempts to buy their product. I'm waiting with bated breath for an Eircom agent to cheerfully announce its arrival - they can shove it us their ass.

Death to Eircom!

Advertisement