Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freewebcounter.com

Options
  • 18-07-2003 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right place to ask. Has anybody got any experience using freewebcounter.com's product? I was thinking of adding it to my website, but I want to make sure that neither I, nor any visitors, will be getting spam from them. Should I be on the look out for any other nasty surprises if I add this (or another) free web based counter to my site? (I did a search for free counters on boards.ie and found nothing, so hopefully I'm not rehashing old ground here).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

You should try www.statcounter.com

Irish based, I knew someone that regularly visits this board runs this board (can't remember his name! sorry)

I have it on a few sites at the minute and think its brilliant. Its more than just a counter, full statics and all!

I never heard of the one you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

Whatever counter/tracker you go with, don't worry about them spamming your websites' visitors. They can't get that information. Not for you, not for them, not for anyone.

Do worry about them spamming your own e-mail address when you sign up. Check to make sure they have a privacy policy.

You're always taken a risk when you're putting a third parties code on your website, from ugly ads, javascript pop ups, slowing or stopping your webpage from loading, to broken image links. It really depends on the service.

can't remember his name! sorry

Thx for the recommendation Tom. I'm Glad you like the service. I'm well on my way to achieving my goal of becoming the most infamous person in the world. Take that, what's his name?

StatCounter has diversified a bit now, we just moved this week from Hosting365 to RackShack. So we're back to being hosted in texas once more. It's just not funny the round the world trip StatCounter embarked upon. It's been to more places than i have! The lucky sod.

I've also just taken on someone from the Czech Republic who is helping me to develop the new system, and maintain the old one.

But i'm still here! So I'd say StatCounter is about 33% Irish based at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

LOL! Well i wish you continused success and hopefully I won't forget you next time!

When I say irish based - i really meant its manged by someone in Ireland. That gives you a little peace of mind....

Dont tell me.... u dont live in Ireland now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Thanks for the info tom ED. I think I'll go with statcounter.com, as it does what I want, and it has a forum if I run into any problems. Thanks again. :)

Advertisement