Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to configure Eircom ISDN box?

Options
  • 18-07-2003 5:47pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I have eircom high(haha)speed, and have had it for quite a while without any trouble.
    It is configured like so:
    If some rings my house using either number, both channels will ring. If I dial out, it always uses the main number first, but if someone calls me using the main number whilst I'm on the internet it will still ring through to the main 'phone.

Now, I have ordered EsatBT Anytime (business) and have given them the number of my second channel as the dial-in number.
    So what I now need to do is configure the ISDN box to effectively split the channels. I know this can be done by plugging an analogue 'phone into the box and dialling certain (programming) numbers.
    I never got a manual with my ISDN box, therefore have no clue as to how to do it.
    Anybody know, or have a manual that they could look at for me?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

here ya go

plug phone into analog socket as you said.. dial;

**#73##
    (dial tone returns)
    111 (for first channel, 112 for second)
    follow that with local telephone number for desired channel. no area code entered
    #
    (dial tone returns)
    hang up

that should work. good luck

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

That worked for the analogue channels, thanks Rymus.
    However, I still a problem in that no matter which of the digital channels I plug into I still get my main number CLI.
    Any ideas?

Also, how do I reverse the changes I have just made should I wish to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I had the same problem when I signed up for NetSmart. I gave them my second number and I could never get it to work. I tried everything including Eircom and Esat support (neither of them had a clue) plus a lot of suggestions from the good folks here. Eventually an Eircom engineer (friend of a friend) told me that the CLI of your original number is ALWAYS sent and that its not possible to use your second number. So I ended up having to re-apply again using my original number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

exactly... I had to add both numbers to my UTV account to be able to dial out on my old number.

The easiest way to clear the settings is probably just to unplug the box from the power socket, leave it a bit then plug it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

If you still need a copy of the manual for the isdn box let me know and I'll scan and send it :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by hopeful
    If you still need a copy of the manual for the isdn box let me know and I'll scan and send it :)

That would be very helpful, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

For the digital channels, your driver/access software usually allows you to set your MSN or outgoing number. I'm not sure that you can programitcally set it on the Plug'n'Play box, but may well be wrong.

I know for my cheapo ISDN card, the drivers allowed me to set it.. and my linux firewall does too.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

scanned manual is too big to post here (556kb) so drop me your email and I'll send :)

Advertisement