Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom change to netsource

Options
  • 18-07-2003 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Hi,

does anybody know if you can change from eircom to netsource within the first 12 month of your contract with eircom.

If you just ordered the eircom dsl over the phone and never signed a contract is there a way of getting out before the 12 month are up ?

thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well if you didnt sign anything your not binded to a contract with eircom

i read here before that some have used that agument against eircom and won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

If you are thinking of changing to Netsource Have a good look at the bad publicity they are getting on these boards :rolleyes:

cranoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by cranoo
    If you are thinking of changing to Netsource Have a good look at the bad publicity they are getting on these boards :rolleyes:

cranoo.

And also how they resolved most problems.

If Sloth were still here I'm sure he'd agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Cranoo i have nothing but love for nesource, any issues they have they do there best to solve.

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    Cranoo i have nothing but love for nesource, any issues they have they do there best to solve.

I don’t have anything against netsource, but from all the people on these boards cribbing about them gives people something to think about ;)

cranoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Any new service will have some problems when it's first setup (IOL having them now), and it was all pretty much down to delays in getting extra bandwidth from Eircom.They said it would be sorted out and it was. Seems like ages ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Spooge

Indeed. Most of the poeple who give out about netsource either don't have it, or are just recycling old arguments from -old- posts on this board, or both. I've had it for about a month, and I've no complaints at all. Pings hitting high 30s to my favourite CS servers, and downloads regularly hitting 55k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LumoColor

Current Service from NetSource is excellent. I have no problems.

The start was a little rocky, but they done some work, got some more bandwidth and the service now ownz!

Constant 50k/sec downloads, and 30-50 ping to UK jolt Servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

No Problems here on Netsource, now pings are between 20 and 30, and I regularly d/l at 50-55k.

I'd recommend them to anyone. Static IP and no cap. Grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

Originally posted by MadsL
    No Problems here on Netsource, now pings are between 20 and 30, and I regularly d/l at 50-55k.

I'd recommend them to anyone. Static IP and no cap. Grand.

20-30 to irish servers I suppose?
    It's not possible to get 20 ping with eircom dsl to UK servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Err... about 40 to www.jolt.co.uk..that do you. I think you would be doing pretty well to get below 30 for the nine or ten odd hops to the UK.

Sorry lads I take it all back :p

cranoo.
    ;)

Advertisement