Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else having problems on netsource atm?

• 18-07-2003 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭

Am experiencing moments of pages totally timing out in ie6, however irc works perfectly fine, prolly because of its tiny data transfer?

The other moments its, like now, perfectly fine, but is happening last two days regularily.

Thought it might be the dsl-504, so rebooted it, no difference, then rebooted machine no difference.

Other machines connected to the router have exactly the same problem.

So reinstalled the old usb alcatel adapter, but exact same problem.

Am on the terenure exchange.

Pings all are in the 20ms range , anyone else having this problem?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

Yeh same thing here, but obviously working fine now, thought it was a problem with my set up, but we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

this was happening on my netsource connection as well... i think we were getting a total of 6k/s...

im on the dundalk exchange...

they must have been upgrading or something...

these downtimes and low bandwidth periods seem to be happening a lot lately....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Same here. Can't seem to get American addresses. Excite.com seems to go nowhere. Downloads stalling also.

They have maintenance scheduled for late tonight so maybe that explains whats going on.

By the way has anyone with a DSL-504 had any problems downloading files normally? I have only gotten it very recently and I seem to have some problem getting files to download without stalling. I can browse fine but it either won't start a download or else stops in the middle of it. Anyone experienced this? Bit of a nuisance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

gaming is fine but I've noticed the connection stalling on some downloads + webpages. Using a Dlink 504

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Open up internet explorer, go to tools, internet options, go to connection, lan settings, select to use a proxy, use proxy.netsource.ie port 80, if you've a usb/pci modem go to settings for your dial up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Cheers Taz. Using Mozilla but same principle. Works grand now. That has been puzzling me for the past couple of days. Thought it was the firewall setup I was using but then I plugged directly into the router and still having problems.

Hmm wonder what you have to do to get an apt-get working for Debian? Was trying that last night and it was failing on downloading some files.

Anyway many thanks. Downloading quite happily at 52k sec now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Hopefully this maintanence later tonight fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks taz, its happening again, but setting the proxy has sorted it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is this somehow related to the transparent proxy stuff talked about earlier.

Surely setting the proxy manually shouldnt be necessary?

Curiosity is really piqued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

9 am saturdqy morning nangor road xchange 1/2 kb connectivity anyone having the same issue with netsource

• Advertisement
Advertisement