Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ibb 'Home Breeze'

Options
  • 18-07-2003 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

As a valued customer we would first like to extend this offer to our most valued customers. By availing of our new offering called Breeze Home you will be saving in excess of 27% per month on your current Internet expenditure. Irish Broadband will bill you €35.00 per month rather than your current bill amount of €48.40 per month.

Besides financial savings I am sure you are wondering what the other differences in the product offerings are. The fundamental difference is contention. Contention is the technical term for the speed or measure of the quality of service which you can expect from your Internet connection. In simple terms contention measures the maximum number of users who will use the Internet at a given time using the same access pipe. We currently contend our residential offering at 8:1, which means that 8 people can use the pipe at any one time. With our new lower priced offering the contention will be 20:1 which will mean that a maximum of 20 people will be able to use the pipe at any one time.

However, though the contention on Breeze Home is 20:1 rather than 8:1 for Breeze Plus this still means that you would receive a superior service with Irish Broadband. For example DSL offers a Contention Ratio of approximately 48:1 to residential users. .

Before you make the switch you will need to decide is the 27% savings or the higher quality of more value to your usage patterns

So what does anyone think? Should I get the cheaper service?Will the contetion make a difference to me? I do like my downloads though....

Anyone else have it?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

If you can afford the current pricing, don't try and fix it if it isn't broken. You might regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

they're just trying to bring their current product pricing in line with the new ripwave product. Ripwave is 20-1 contention (as far as i know) and is 35 eur a month for 512/512... so basically they're just matching their products. and for people who don't want to change they have to still offer the 8-1 contention product, as thats what current customers signed up for.

Basically with 20-1 contention, you can pretty much assume you will NEVER get full 512k speeds. as there will always be someone else leeching away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Where are you based? Have they extended it beyond Tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i live in rathfarnham, and i got IBB, off the tallaght tower no less!

Advertisement