Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermaltake Xaser II A5000 LCD Display

Options
  • 18-07-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I recently got one of these cases and the LCD display does not come on at all.

I checked the seating of the battery and it seems snug, and the right way around. The positive side is facing the battery cover which has a little + on it. I checked the Thermaltake web site and their model had a little piece of tape between the battery and contacts which has to be removed. There was no tape on mine.

The next step would be a replacement battery. Camera shop or Chemist maybe?

Is there anything else obvious I have missed here?

Any suggestions or corrections welcomed.

M03

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Beg, steal or borrow a multimeter and test the voltage of the battery. Are you sure the battery is to power the display? I would have thought the battery power was just to store the time and temp. alarm settings etc. Are all the leads connected to the right places?

Out of interest, where did you buy it and for how much? Also, how good is it?
    Been tying to justify the price of one of them or the Xaser3 for a while. Would have bought one the other day only Elara were out of stock :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

Thanks for the suggestion milltown.

I got a replacement battery in the local chemist and the lcd works now. I think there is supposed to be a piece of tape between the contacts and the battery in transit but that wasn't there when I opened the cover. Maybe the battery somehow knackered itself or maybe it was just a dud?

The Xaser II A5000 LCD is purely for displaying the temp read by the single sensor. There are no alarm settings or any other buttons.

The case is of very high build quality with a 3.5" drive cage and 5.25" mounting rails. There are 5 installed fans and they are super quiet.

I'm sure the Xaser IIIs have a few extra tweaks up their sleeves like extra fans,extra sensors and the temp alarms you mentioned.

The problem with justifying a case like this is that you really should have a PSU to match it. I decided that I wanted a case and psu to last me through my next upgrade so I splashed out now on this case and an Antec TruePower PSU.

Oh and I got them both from Elara. I think I got one of the new batch of cases that just arrived. ;)

M03

Advertisement