Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unshaven Look

• 19-07-2003 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone advise on how to get that "unshaven look" Please don't say "Don't Shave" cause i don't for a while and i looks good then it get very long and turns red(WTF!!!) i've tried using a razor to give it a getle shave bu the problom is it take of too much in some places and then look ****. Mabey it's cause the blade it too sharp anyway anyone got any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

A once a week electric shave. It'll trim it down enough but will keep it long. :D

Alternatively be blonde like me so I don't have to shave until my beard is fairly long (it's a bitch if you're trying to grow a beard though).

As for the red thing... so does mine. But i don't care cause at least now it's visible. :p

But yeah, an electronic razor's your only man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

heres an idea....shave you lazy bum, no wonder you don't have a job :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by Sangre
    heres an idea....shave you lazy bum, no wonder you don't have a job :p

Shave my bum you say.

My C.V

Workaholic
    Perfectionist
    Excellent Spelling
    Shaved Ass Hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Use a beard trimmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Unshaven

Shaved Ass Hole

Why?

anyway your probably looking for that five o clock shadow look, they you only get with darker people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

For a less close shave, shave "with the grain" rather than "against the grain".
    Shave every 2nd day.
    Shave before you go to bed - you should be fairly stubbly by the next morning.
    You should still use a decent sharp razor though. Don't use a blunt blade because you'll cut your face to ribbons with it, ironically enough the sharper the blade the less you'll cut yourself . Also avoid electric shavers because they're generally crap.

BrianD3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

yeah, unless you have black/very dark brown hair, give it up. Who wants a ging 5 o' clock shadow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rollover

im unshaven all the time(well,nearly i only shave once a week)
    wtf would ya want to shave regularly for?
    who are ya trying to impress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

pfft shaving's over rated and expensive.

the unshaven "look"......... you poser. :D

either shave, or grow a beard.
    simple as that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Originally posted by Gordon
    Use a beard trimmer.

Apply within :)

(only kidding)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Yeah, antone know why we dark haired men will have black stubble, but while our facial hair is growing it is red or blonde, but then turns balck once its over a certain lenght? I find it rather odd to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Use a trimmer....I like the unshaven, but cleaned up unshaven, look on a guy...I think facial hair is sexy(On a guy) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Unshaven - eeeeep! Yuckity yuck! Who wants a once over with a black n decker? NOE!!!!

Keep it smooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

are we still talking about shaving our arse hair?
    I highly reccomend against it.
    it's there for a good reason. Let it be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

(well since other ppl are offering their opinions ;P)

The unshaved look looks dead sexy on some guys but is very unpleasent to kiss :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

you know, there's a whole market for stubble conditioners out there....think of it, the enjoyable sexy stubble look with no nasty beard rash!

although i must say i've never fallen victim to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

stubble conditioners?? LMAO - No way?? Ingenious :D

I like the George Michael type stubbley look but ouch upon contact!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

aaarrrgghh i end up with a stubbly chin no matter how much i butcher it with my mach 3. ill trade you anyday. i have tried nearly everything apart from an electric which i am not going to buy solely for this stupid unco-operative chin of mine. anybody have any suggestions for this ? dip it in acid or the like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by SyxPak
    are we still talking about shaving our arse hair?
    I highly reccomend against it.
    it's there for a good reason. Let it be :)

From A Different Forum posted about a year or so ago..
    Arse Hair

I have recently made a mistake in my life, and I offer my story to all though tasteless, that you may learn from my error. It all started, as many things do, with me having trouble pooping. No, I was not constipated; this was not a regularity problem but a matter of technique.
    It seems my ass-hair had grown to such a length that tiny grogans were constantly getting tied up in the matted jungle between my asscheeks. It led to much frustration, with me KNOWING that I still had something to drop, but unable to shake the tenacious turd loose from its asshair dwelling.

Eventually I would have to do two things: either reach down with somepaper and try to pinch off the lingering loaf (which required careful precision to avoid smearing the creature all over my rear, especially since I had no way of seeing what I was doing) or just go for broke, start wiping, and hope that I could remove all the leftover fecal matter before the toilet paper reached its Can't-Be-Flushed threshold. I was contemplating this problem, when I had what seemed at the time to be a bright idea. "Hey, this is my butt and my butt-hair, right? So why don't I just eliminate all the hair, and then my grogans will flow out like beer from a keg!" I said to myself. It is a statement that will go down in history with a lot of other regretted statements. "How many Indians could there be?" said by General Custer. "Looks like a good day for a drive!" by JFK.. Such was my anal shaving idea.

I performed the operation that night, with a cheap disposable razor and a towel to sit on. Starting from the bottom, and shaving from the crack to the cheeks, I began the arduous process of ridding my ass of hair. Occasionally, I would have to clean the razor of accumulated hair, which I did by wiping it on the towel. Slowly, my twin mounds and the between-ravine began to resemble the hairless cheeks of a newborn babe. Finally, I wiped the razor one last time, and surveyed my work. The towel was covered with a pile of hair. My ass was smooth as ivory. I smiled, satisfied, thinking my troubles were over.

Little did I know. I now have a great respect for anal-hair. Like everything in this world God created, it has its mighty purpose in existence. It was only after I had removed it that I started to learn how much I had been taking it for granted. For one, it provides friction. I learned this the next day, when I walked out into the sun heading for class. After climbing two flights of stairs and starting to sweat, I started to notice something unpleasant. The sweat was accumulating in my crack, and was causing the unpleasant sensation of my two asscheeks sliding past each other with every step. I thought about going to the bathroom and wiping it off, but had to get to class.
    Eventually, I thought, it would dry. Unfortunately, it did dry, but only after mingling with the microscopic poop -molecules lingering around my brown starfish. When I stood up after class, my cheeks were stuck together with a slimy sticky poop/sweat combination. As I made my way back to my dorm, it started to itch. God-DAMN, did it itch! Felt like a swarm of ants was making its way up and down my crack. Fighting to keep from jamming my hand down there
    and scratching away, I rushed back to the dorm. Unfortunately, this exertion caused me to sweat, and when I finally
    reached my room, my cheeks were sliding back and forth against each other like a pair of horny cane-toads. I quickly dropped my pants, and attempted to dry my ass off by sticking it in front of a fan and spreading my cheeks.

As I pulled the two mounds of flesh apart, a horrible stench burst free and filled the room. Every dog within a 4 block radius started to howl. I had it worst of all, as the ripe aroma of festering poop/sweat went into the fan and blew back into my face. I fought to keep from heaving. And as I sat there, fighting vomit, my ass cheeks spread and dripping, with the concentrated aroma of my body odor mixed with the tangy smell of my own poop blowing right into my face, I had only one thought: "It will be like this until the hair grows back. Weeks." Later on, trying to deal as best I could, wiping my ass at every opportunity, I discovered another wonderful use for ass-hair - ventilation. I attempted to launch a fart, only to have it get stuck between my asscheeks.

Apparently, with no hair, the two pink twins can get vacuum sealed together, and the result was a frustrating fart that slid up and down between my cheeks like a lost gerbil. As if that wasn't enough, I am now enduring further torture. As anyone who has ever shaved anything knows, when hair is first growing in, it comes in as stubble. Imagine your ass having the texture of a brillo pad.

Well, that is what I am dealing with now. It is a hellish torture, and there are many times when I just look out the window and contemplate why I shouldn't just jump out and get it all over with in one fleshy splat, rather than endure this constant agony.

Friends-DON'T SHAVE YOUR ARSE-HAIR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Havelock
    Yeah, antone know why we dark haired men will have black stubble, but while our facial hair is growing it is red or blonde, but then turns balck once its over a certain lenght? I find it rather odd to be honest.

nope dosent happen to me, it used to come in blonde when i was about 15, generally that was because it was 'bumfluff' and not stubble though

• Advertisement

Ahahahaha Big Chief...:D pretty funny stuff. I had to wipe a tear laughing at that. Poor guy:D Hope that arse hair has grown back by now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Sometimes unshaven can be nice, sometimes stubble can cut the face off you and leave marks and it's not pleasant. Over a certain length though is grand. My views on this have changed over the past two weeks. Never thought about it much before hehe!

Mbleugh! long story hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Maybe so your girlfriend doesnt get a rash in parts from your stubble
    Originally posted by rollover
    im unshaven all the time(well,nearly i only shave once a week)
    wtf would ya want to shave regularly for?
    who are ya trying to impress?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Maybe so your girlfriend doesnt get a rash in parts from your stubble
    pahh..girlfriends..who needs 'em!

Originally posted by SyxPak
    pahh..girlfriends..who needs 'em!

I'll take two please
    • Tall
    • Dark hair
    • Slim
    • Athletic
    • English Speaking (prefered but not essential)

What's the P + P like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Unshaven
    Can anyone advise on how to get that "unshaven look" Please don't say "Don't Shave" cause i don't for a while and i looks good then it get very long and turns red(WTF!!!) i've tried using a razor to give it a getle shave bu the problom is it take of too much in some places and then look ****. Mabey it's cause the blade it too sharp anyway anyone got any tips?

Who are you trying to look like, George Michael?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Funny thing that I always seem to get more ladies when I have a day or so's growth. Women seem to like it for some reason :confused: I dont do it on purpose but I usually only shave the night before the day im going to go out.

Also, I find that just after I shave I sometimes get the odd spot but after a nights sleep and a bit of growth the spot goes away and I look better for it.

I've seen research that shows that depending on where a woman is in their menstrual cycle they'll prefer a man with a more clean shaven/baby faced appearance to that of a more rugged/unshaven look.

So eh... yeah... just thought I'd add that...

Hehehe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

No way really Amz? you learn something new every day!!

i dont know why your trying to grown stubble unshaven! its all over rated really or maybe im saying this cos ive tried it before an the girls didnt like it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Depending on the man in question a little bit of stubble can look seriously sexy!! Sometimes a clean shaven face can give a guy the little-boy-lost look, which can be appealing, as long as he doesn't loo 14!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by Amz
    I've seen research that shows that depending on where a woman is in their menstrual cycle they'll prefer a man with a more clean shaven/baby faced appearance to that of a more rugged/unshaven look.

So eh... yeah... just thought I'd add that...

Hehehe!

SO during which part of the menstrual cycle do they prefer the unshaven look?

(This is all good knowledge)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by Clinical Waste
    SO during which part of the menstrual cycle do they prefer the unshaven look?

(This is all good knowledge)

Unless your in a realationship what good can that information be??

Trying to guess at what stage in her menstrual cycle that fox across the dance floor is at, just cuz you forget to shave before you went out, might not produce the best results.

And 'excuse me i was just wondering at what stage of your menstrual cycle are you at now' as a first line is bound to get you in trouble.

And 'excuse me i was just wondering at what stage of your menstrual cycle are you at now' as a first line is bound to get you in trouble.

Hehehehe Yes, that would get you into trouble, although I would be wondering why you were asking that if I hadn't read this thread.

Well immediately before and during their period they prefer the unshaven look more and towards the middle of the cycle the baby faced look is more appealing.

Something to do with the preparation for reproduction, a more manly looking man will be seen to be more suitable as a father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Amz
    Well immediately before and during their period they prefer the unshaven look more and towards the middle of the cycle the baby faced look is more appealing.

Something to do with the preparation for reproduction, a more manly looking man will be seen to be more suitable as a father.

Quite a pity for me seeing as, biologically, women are more eager sexually just before their period.

I guess its just my luck :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

/me thinks im going to start growing a beard again in reading the thread it seems more women prefer the unshaven shaggy look

i dunno mooman ive herd cheeser chat up lines than

"excuse me i was just wondering at what stage of your menstrual cycle are you at now!"

could be worse!! i mean if you explained it to them afterwards you might just get away with it (then again on 2nd thought if you still have your testicals attached you'd be doing good to)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Originally posted by Amz

Moonman that info is actually useful. You dont have to actualy go and ask a girl if she's surfing the crimson wave but if you seem to be getting somewhere with a girl you could ask if she likes the unshaven look. If what Amz is saying is true then statistically theres probably a higher chance she wont be on the rag if you end up getting lucky and she does like your look, i.e. stuble.

"Unshaven" to get a decent stubly look all the time you need to have facial hair that grows like its on steroids. If this is the case all you need to do is to shave when you get home from work in the evening. Also even though I've really dark hair I get red hairs growing in my beard if I let it grow.

Any other methods I've tried to get a stubly look have all ended with my facial hair looking like a retarded monkey with severe parkinsons was left in charge of it.

Advertisement