Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barca Land Ronaldinho...****!!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

With hindsight I think the signing of Ronaldinho would have been straw that broke the camels back for the present United team, because it appears that the United players didn't want him, because he didn't appear committed to them, what with the transfer dragging on for months!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

No no no...its all Kenyons fault for not bidding 3mill more than he was meant to...he deserved to lose him and Barca deserved to get him...non biased point f view...it was Utd's fault. Ronaldinho wanted to come...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Utd never do it properly, they approach the player and not the club, and this summer is a prime example of that, Ronaldihno and Duff, yet they couldnt agree with either of them. Plus, Ronaldihno has had three -MEDIUM rate- seasons and PSG, yes he is Nikes super skill man, but alot of basic standing around with a football skills are no use on the pitch, and the feeling that he would bring european success to united was a joke, I mean he isnt a strike, he is an attacking midfielder, so where would he fit in? UTD tend to play 4 4 2 and UTD's central midfield usualy consists of Keane/Veron or Scholes, unless they wanted him to fit on the left side (seeing as he is left footed) but to be honest I dont see the problem with Giggs, he is fast, can cross and can run at players with ease, and he can score, so where exactly did they want him? To replace Ole Gunnar? Scholes? Giggs? At Barcelona, with the departure of Rivaldo to AC Milan last summer, he has a place, which any major soccer fan can see, and he is (in my opinion) a younger version of Rivaldo, and I think he will be welcomed and fit in at barcelona very easily. I mean, I am in Barcelona at the moment and he is all anyone is talking about! But as I said, for Barcelona he wont instantly bring european success (but then again they arent in the champions league) but last season Riquelme from Boca was also the "Next big thing" and that went down the drain. It will be interesting to see what happens with Ronaldihno, but to be honest (as an Arsenal fan) I think ManUtd are lucky they didnt buy him and pay him insane wages to go and do Nike commercials, he still needs to prove himself at club level in europe....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Utd never do it properly, they approach the player and not the club, and this summer is a prime example of that, Ronaldihno and Duff

They didn't want Duff. Kenyon said it. They messed up with Ronaldinho alright and possibly Kewell(??)
    he is an attacking midfielder, so where would he fit in? UTD tend to play 4 4 2 and UTD's central midfield usualy consists of Keane/Veron or Scholes, unless they wanted him to fit on the left side (seeing as he is left footed) but to be honest I dont see the problem with Giggs, he is fast, can cross and can run at players with ease, and he can score, so where exactly did they want him?

He would have played in the hole behind VAN Nistelrooy in the new formation Ferguson wants to use. Secondly, Ronaldinho is RIGHT footed NOT left footed.
    It will be interesting to see what happens with Ronaldihno, but to be honest (as an Arsenal fan) I think ManUtd are lucky they didnt buy him and pay him insane wages to go and do Nike commercials, he still needs to prove himself at club level in europe....

Good Point. He still does have to proove himself at Club level in Europe. But he is utterly class though...

United didn't want Duff? Well I suppose there was rumours surrounding every player this summer with United - but apart from an american goalkeeper are they going to spend any of their money? I mean looking at the same miserable manchester players realy makes you depressed - seems Chelsea and Real Madrid are the only two teams out there that plan on spending - whats going on? Arsenal have no money, I know thats their excuse, Barcelona have spent all their money, and well, most other clubs are "poor" - So why aren't United going in while they have the money and everyone else doesn't.... I mean look at the summer steal in the Premiership, E3 million for a class act left winger (Harry Kewell) and most of the money went to a god damn agent who isn't recognised in Europe (but I won't go into that) but if clubs are that desperate then United should go crazy on buying up their shortlist of players - btw there is rumours here in spain that spanish teams are going for the River Plate midfielder D'Alessandro (super midfielder) but I think that is just because of the prospect of Riquelme (similar type of argentinian attacking midfielder) leaving, just thought I would throw it in this thread. Any thoughts on that?

Was it not 5million sterling for Kewell? I wasnt that interested after he snubbed Utd to be honest. He would have been a nice player.

As for Utd not spending, well i certainly hope being a Man Utd fan that they obviously splash out and they will. We need a CB and an AMC.

Who knows though...?

I thought Riquelme was a good player...why are they getting rid of him? Why not have him ROnaldinho and Saviola in the one team...?

I thought Riquelme was a good player...why are they getting rid of him? Why not have him ROnaldinho and Saviola in the one team...?

I guess i just answered my own question. There getting one foreigner to replace another one right. Not that makes sense...

If they kept Riquelme they wouldn't be able to keep him a place, I mean he is a realy realy good talent and to see him sitting on a subs bench or in the barca B team would be a true shame. I am sure he would like to stay in barcelona, I mean the weather here is lovely (I am here atm) but getting alot of money to just train, I would be realy bored - as I said I think he should try and look for teams in England/Germany or maybe a couple of midtable Seria A teams, but as for Spain I think its time for him to move on, all the big spanish clubs have their attacking midfielders - Barcelona = Ronaldihno, Real Madrid = *A long list of players :)*, Valencia = Aimar, Depor = Valeron, Betis = Joquain - the list goes on, there is no room for him in spain atm, and most other clubs around europe are dieing for a player like him - but I realy think Barca expected too much of him, which is a shame, because had he have settled he could have been one of Europe's elite players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Eron ,
    Regarding D'Alessandro , he's already moved this summer . He's gone to Wolfsburg in Germany . A surprise move really but as I have stated before United don't seem too interested in following up on their "short-list" , a number of potential targets have made their moves this summer and not to Old Trafford !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

riqulime is being offered on loan to a number of european clubs this season i thought utd would try to sign kaka but ac milan have and they are willing to loan him to a different club until they feel he is ready theres no foreigner rule in italy favourites to land both of them is psg to replace ronaldinho

Well mr.Bravo I can honestly say I understood none of that post, but it was interesting all the same... I think the jist of it was whats going to happen to Riquelme, maybe we should start up a Riquelme thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1860-1098485,00.html

Ha ha ha ha ha Ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha

Every Year They say the same thing they are so funny

What a clown. :D They should just proove it instead of mouthing off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

PSV are trying to cash in on Kezman , here's another player United could sign . I think he'd be a legend in the Premiership but who knows what is going on in Fergie & Kenyon's minds !!

Any team would be lucky to get Kezman, at any price under 30m he is a steal... seriously, this kid has talent...

What the hell is this about liverpool? they getting sick of the eufa cup and want some titles now? psshhhh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement