Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education - More Colleges

Options
  • 19-07-2003 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Is there any possibility getting more college added to the Eduction listing? Carlow IT and Tipp IT isnt exactly representative is it?

Luke
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How many do you go to? I dopubt theres going to be a forum for every college in ireland, on the off chance someone will use it. Forums must be requested and supported and then prove to be liable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Hi

Is there any possibility getting more college added to the Eduction listing? Carlow IT and Tipp IT isnt exactly representative is it?

Luke

Don't really know if there is an intrest in this.
    I know that the Tipp Inst College requested the board as quite a few people in the college wanted somewhere to discuss matters, where better then Boards.ie. But Carlow IT I don't know if they done the same.

So I don't think there would be a real need for more colleges unless you can get people generally intrested in all the colleges but even by that I doubt the Admins would approve.

I however disapprove of this.

RunFree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Personally i think if a college requests a forum then they should pay for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

How about a College requests board?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie

What you mean with a college request board?
    What would be the purpose of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Jesus H. Christ Runfree, how slow are you?

And stop disapproving of new forums, just sit back and watch them fail :)

Originally posted by Sangre
    Jesus H. Christ Runfree, how slow are you?

And stop disapproving of new forums, just sit back and watch them fail :)

Well today I am very slow. I haven't had sleep in about 3 weeks and thats no joke. Might post that on PI. My head is gone haywire.

Never mind that anyway I got it now. But what would be the point of a new forum if you know it is going to fail

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Is there any possibility getting more college added to the Eduction listing?
    Yes, you can. Ask for one and get support - 5 (?) people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    I thought we were getting a request board request board? I also support said college request board however.

When are we getting the request board request board - I'm bustin' for requesting a few new boards I am.

/me hops from foot to foot while clutching groin area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

UCC have their own bulletin board server so they prob won't want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Gordon
    When are we getting the request board request board
    Have you put in a request?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

carlow it board is just a load of student in the college that use boards and we got a boards as a meeting place and to dicuss things relevent to the college and ppl there.

I see no harm in other colleges getting boards, and sure if they fail, remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I didnt mean official rooms for colleges. Just some where various members of boards can organise various things and events.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

request a community or private board then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by Runfree
    Well today I am very slow. I haven't had sleep in about 3 weeks and thats no joke. Might post that on PI. My head is gone haywire.

Never mind that anyway I got it now. But what would be the point of a new forum if you know it is going to fail

I think you die if you dont sleep for like a week.

Advertisement