Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

messed up DNS settings

Options
  • 19-07-2003 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I installed service pack 4 for Win2k from windpws update last night, and it's messed up all my DNS settings (or at least, I presume it's the DNS settings). I can't connect to any sites or get any of my mails..

The only way I can connect to Boards is by putting the IP directly into the address bar, in internet explorer it connects but in Phoenix it tells me the connection was refused. Pinging the same IP comes back with:

PING: transmit failed, error code 65.

Course, I have no way of looking up the error code..

I've un-installed and re-installed protocols and network components, set up new duns and re-installed internet explorer but still nothing.

Any idea's??

[edit]
    well, I couldn't fix it no matter what I tried so last resort, just uninstalled the service pack. All sites and services back up and running. Nice one Microsoft..
    [/edit]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

do you have ICS (internet connection sharing) enabled?

do you have Firewall software from Zone Labs such as ZoneAlarm or ZoneAlarm Pro installed on your PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

No, dont have ICS enabled, it's a standalone pc.

I have zonealarm installed, but disabled it when I was installing the service pack, and when I had problems getting any sites up. Didn't seem to make any difference but the truevector thing could have still been running.

No matter, it's workin away grand without the service pack so I think I'll leave it the way it is.

cheers anyways..

Advertisement