Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Something werid happened last.

• 19-07-2003 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Not exactly a personal issue but i thought id tell you this anyway.

Right, ya know when your a kid and your afraid of things under your bed or outside your room, well a last night i had a damn scary moment that reminded me of that.
    Picture the scene, im asleep in bed with my girlfriend who also happens to be 9 months pregnant which isnt anything to do with the story i just thought id share. Anyway last night was pretty damn windy, lots of noise going on outside, at one point i thought i heard a window breaking but i got up and looked around but didnt see anything. (I should explain i live in a flat that is done out slightly strange, you go in the front door and there is a stairs directly in front of you and the apartment is up those stairs).
    So i went back to bed and fell asleep, only to be woken up about half an hour later with a bad feeling, i didnt hear or see anything but i had a really bad feeling that something was wrong. i got up and my girlfriend asked what was wrong. it was pitch black and i couldnt see much but i found the bedroom door and opened it. Now across from the main bedroom is the bathroom, even in the the dark i could see these 2 eyes looking back at me. i switched on the light. There in my bathroom was a skinny naked man with a shock of red hair and a drunk scared look on his face, he was sitting on the toilet urinating (in fairness im not pissed off about that cos at least he found/used the toilet). So naturally i did what anyone in that position could do, i shouted at the top of me voice "WHO THE F**K ARE YOU".
    To cut a long story short he was a drunk tipperary man, was at a funeral in town managed to walk about 3 miles out of town and found my flat, tried the door which was open ( i know i know, i live in a dead quite place and i lock the door every single night, this night i thought GF had locked and she thought i did.). He walked upstairs, into the spare room, took off his clothes and went to the jacks.
    Needless to say he didnt stay too long but the bloody fright i got was unreal.

Nothing to do with Personal issues but just wondering if this happened to anyone else lol. not bloody likely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

My God, That is the freakiest thing ive ever heard. Id sh1t myself.
    and probably woulda beat the feck out of the pox, before he could get a word in. It must of been even freakier with your 9 months pregnant girlfriend asleep in the next room.

never before has an emoticon been so accurate ===> :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well it could have been a lot worse :)
    bet you will check the door from now on , guess your lucky that your partner didnt go into labour with the shock . it would have made an intresting story for the child, " Well you see the night you were born ......."

Hope things go well for the 3 of you .,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Quite freaky that is. Well good look to the three of you. Make sure the door is locked when you got the little one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Thaed
    Hope things go well for the 3 of you .,

Do you mean the tip man or the baby?

Yeah that would be scarey alright. At least he was just a harmless drunk rather then anything worse. Did you not let the poor chap stay the night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Holy Sh1t ....

Imagine finding some1 with a
    shock of red hair
    :D:D

Sorry about that couldn't help myself!

Personally, I'd have passed out with just seeing the eyes peering @ me from the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

lol yea i got the shock of red hair thing from the simpsons, its the best way to describe the ginger fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

see.. there ya go.. I've always maintained that red haired males arent quite right. That's proof. Freaky proof but proof all the same. Oooh its chilling to the bone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Suppose your lucky he didnt jump in beside ye :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Classic.... Thats the funniest thing I've read for ages :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

What did ye do with him? Heeeeeeeeeyyyy.....he's not locked in your basement is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

sends shivers down my spine :eek:
    Hope you chucked the fool out with a kick up da arse:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Geeze Frugu~

LOL That is pretty scary...I'm just glad no one was harmed.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Let me see...

I grew up in Dublin's inner City, in perhaps the most densely populated part of the country, in a house with many flats and lots of different tenants.

In years gone by... there had been an INLA safe house on the street. A residence that was burned out by the Gardai... sometime in the early 80s.
    Before all that community action stuff in the 90s, heroin addiction was a big problem in the area and before the economic boom, quite a few of the old Georgian and Victorian houses were direlict.
    Moutjoy square area, for those of you familiar with the area.

Anyway.
    When I was five, there was this guy, (who did some sort of Jap martial art) and got kicked out of the house by his girlfriend. He came back... (with his sword) and threatned to kill her and her 'new' boyfriend. Only to be aprehended by the Gardai, and on the steps of the front of the house, with a Garda on each arm, do a back flip and send the Gardai flying.

Then there was the time, my girlfriend's mother, let a total stanger into her apartment.... and called my mother, who sent up me (16 and my friend (same age)) to roust the individual.
    The guy made a break for the line of garage rooves and started running along the top of them, with me in chase.
    My neighbour... came out of his house... brandishing an 'axe'... and the guy escaped over some barbed wire on the top of my neighbour's back shed.

Then there was the time... myself an my mother were sitting in the living room watching TV, to find 'yet another' of the local wildlife (a person that is) had strayed into the back garden 'to avoid the Gardai' and asked for sanctuary. (Which he didn't get).

Then there was the time... (winter) that my mother woke me up (about 2am), to say that someone was climbing across the roof (a flat roof, on the same level as the neighbour's garages and sheds)... so I went outside, in my boxer short... in Feburary... in the rain... to find this gigantic Scottish Gentleman climbing from the top of the apartment, to the neighbours's shed.
    So, with a brick in my hand I asked him politely "exactly what the fck he thought he was doing".. etc, etc.

Last but, not least... we also have a glass roof, covering a basement enterance, with a higher doorway entrance beside it.
    Numerous people have tried to walk acorss this... some have fallen through.
    The last gentleman to do this... fell over the railings, hands first through the glass roof and into the hallway of the basement apartment.
    The tenants within of course... didn't give the Fire Brigade, the keys to the front door... so the Fire Brigade had to axe the door.

*Sigh* I'm sure I'm forgetting a few episodes.

Aside : Come .... visit the Inner City... holiday spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Some good ones there typie.
    I remembered another one actually that happened ages ago. I was about 14 and i was on holidays with my parents in florida. We were staying in a large hotel, the hotel had a pool so as typical tourists we went down most days and enjoyed the sun and silicone improved lovelies that hung around (i was 14 and thought id died and gone to heaven). Anyway on one particular day for a reason i forget i decided to go back to the hotel room for something, got the key and went back on my own. it was a fair bit from the pool and i had to go up in a lift to whatever floor and walk along some long corridors to get to our room.
    On the way i walked passed a guy and the good old bad feeling kicked in again. he followed me all the way to our room and as i was putting my key in the door he asked if he could get a drink of water. i dont remeber answering at all but i think i said yea ok ( thick f**ker i hear ye scream).
    Now i walked in the room and he followed me, straight away he closed the door and turned toward me and started walking quickly at me. i started backing away suddenly pissing myself.
    Out of the bedrrom walked the bloody cleaning lady, yer man saw her and i swear i never saw anyone move so fast in me life. out the door and that was the last i saw of him. The cleaning lady couldnt speak english and just went back to work, i had a small heart attack and then a bigger one. Went back to the pool and never told anyone.
    I dont know what the guy wanted and i think as little as possible about it. I know a drink wasnt on his mind....

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by Frugu

I dont know what the guy wanted and i think as little as possible about it. I know a drink wasnt on his mind....
    :eek:

I very much doubt he had your best interests at heart, sick Fncker. You would think you would be safe enough in a hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I got mugged accross the road from Fitzgibbon Street Garda station. They said "give us the bag and the phone", 5 minutes later I had my stuff back and they were in the cells. Fecken idiots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    5 minutes later I had my stuff back and they were in the cells. Fecken idiots!

Brilliant!!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Geeze....Lol:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

no no-one else has ever had someone trespass in their house.

Someone did a sh1t in my bedroom when i was living beside ballybeg in Waterford. I wasn;t there at the time.

Also in Waterford I went back to a friend's house to find the housemate wearing no trousers a pair of hiking boots and a girls coat. he was in a state of shock after two 12 year olds had broken in and ordered him to give them his clothes and stolen pretty much everything in the house. They threatened him with a cap (no that's not a spelling mistake). this guy was in his 20s and fairly big.

Broke into my own hosue after locking myself out by climbing through an upstairs window. A while later i saw a man in my back garden and shouted at him waht was he doing. He shushed me and said he was a guard and the next door was being burgled. Took some explaining. Stupid bastards.

A guy crept into my bedroom in the middle opf the night trying to rob the place after my stupid wanker flatmate left the door open. I was wide awake and studying for an exam the next day. He got quite a fright. Asked me if Mary Harney was there. Think it was the first name he could thiink of. Walked him to the door and gave out **** to my flatmate.

Same flat same housemate left the door open and drunk tipperary people came in to the house. Heard me get up and ran off.

My previously quiet housemate came home with several e's in him with a crowd of dodgy people, one guy who'd been released from jail that day for violent crime, travellers trying to sell me e, assorted scumbags. Found out the housemate had been in prison himself for stabbing a man and was due to be sentenced for taking a knife to a guard. Was sleeping in female housemates room when a fat traveller woman burst into the room and completely ignored my attempt to stand in her way. Took the stereo and brought it into the sitting room. Then called me a baby for not wanting to join in and felt my crotch (she was a girl). load of scumbags in my house making a right racket for hours and when they left they'd robbed money, cds, bottle of poitin. This happened because the scumbag I was living with who invited them in responded to my attempts at friendliness by deciding I was not someone he needed to be afraid of - he had been before, which is why he was like a mouse for the first few months in the house.

Car-full of lads tried to attack me and my friend coming out of the pub in Waterford, only I had a pepper-spray i got in america and got them with it and ran off. could have kicked their heads in then but we didn;t.

Third day in college in first year two guys kicked the **** out of me while I was drunk and alone. Was so drunk I only even fought back when my tooth btroke. then one pulled a knife so I ran away. They shouted "come back". Well "duh"

Guy headbutted my friend in a nightclub in Waterford. i lost the plot don;t rmember what happened then. Next thing I do remember is being on top of him on the ground repeatedly punching him. Was weird. Saw red completely. So mad i didn;t even remember what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Few weeks back,
    Myself + partner, sitting in the living room, happilly eating dinner and watching "My Familly" on UK Gold.
    Suddenly, i see this big figure in the back garden (Glass in the back door isnt clear), so i yell to the other half to open the back door while I go round the side to head him off at the pass so to speak.

Couldnt help wondering why the dogs had'nt barked once, turned out he had been giving them meat an stuff so they would come to know him, looks like he was all ready to make off with them that day! They are a rescued Pomeranian and a rescued PB Jack Russell,... apparently both make big money in the buy and sell! Can u believe that?!

B

• Advertisement
Advertisement