Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What team did you start with?

• 19-07-2003 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, I wanna know what team you started your CM4 game with and why. Also whats your records so far (in non-"cheating or edited" games!!)

I chose Bohemians first of all because I wanted to begin in the lower leagues and work my way up. I just didn't realise how little respect you get for being a manager of such an insignificant leage (in the game!!!). I've won the premier league all three seasons that i've managed bohs, I've won numerous cups, got bohs to the champions league group stages (earned €2,700,000 for that and faced against chelsea, barcelona and FC Porto. Lost all but one of those games, I drew at home to porto :p earned me €150,000!). Ended last season with a bank budget of over €8m :D €6m of that went to improve the stadium and I have €440k transfer fund hehe. I've only bought one player and i've been developing my youths. John Ryan is a player to look out for btw if you're in the irish leagues. he's only just gone older than 17 and has scored nearly as often as glen crowe :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

the first teams I chose were Pats and Milan in season five ive one the title four times each with pats and milan. I won three chamions leagues with milan and had a number of good runs with pats including a CL quarter final apperance and I won the UEFA cup. Due to european runs pats have €27m in the bank and an amazing squad including 9 internationals richmond park now holds 12500 now . Milan have an amazing squad as well if a little small I kind of went a bit mad and ran the club into recevership €70m in debt ive got it down to €30m while retaining a good squad.
    milan team is
    abiati
    Manchini Nesta Boumsong Bridge
    Arteta
    Joaquin Faurneraud
    Cole
    Shevchenko Romero

Subs
    Sorenson
    Kaladze
    Colucini
    Robert
    Tommason
    Gatusso
    Inzagai
    Im now on to a different chalenge i took over fiorintina in Seira C2 and in currenly top of seira B in my third year

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Man United, I am boring I know!! Won almost everthing with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

I started with the mighty Norwich. Got relegated in my first season but went on to the premiership, got to the league cup final and FA cu final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I also started with the mighty Bohemians. I won every cup available in my first season. Thanks to getting 6 players on loan - Nardiello(Man Utd), Stewart(Man Utd), Cristanval(Barca), Caldwell(Newcastle) and Gavilan(Newcastle). It was great and the next season I loaned all of the same players except for Nardiello because I bought Lee Miller(Goal Machine). We didn't win anything except for the league that season. But I got knocked out of the Third CL Qualifyer against Inter (6-4 agg). We beat them 3-0 at home but they slaughtered us 6-1 in Italy. I lost to Hertha BC in the Uefa Cup 3rd round. I repeated the success of the first season again and got to the Champions League Group Stages in a group with Roma, Man U and Lens. I lost nearly every match except for 1 win against Lens and a draw against Roma! I made the club £8.5M that year and Retired and went onto manage Wolves! Thats my story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I started with Arsenal for the first time.
    I had to get used to the game as I used to never play these games. Won quite a few things but the first season I ended up in like 10th place or something like that.

Then after I got used to it I started using different teams.

RunFree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I started with west hame because of the quality of their young players. I am in 2007 . have won the premiership twice 4 fa cups and the shampions league 3 times.world club and eufa cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I started my managerial career at Sunderland for the simple reason - I like the team. I was relegated from the league with a poor 18pts (Won 2 Drew 12 Lost 24) and also had poor FA Cup (Round 4) and League Cup (Round 2) - I was looking forward to the new season – by signing David Connelly, Eddie Pope and Nigel Quashie, but I got the sack… and ever got to see what they would be like...

In November ‘03 I applied for a position at Cowdenbeath and was successful...Cowdenbeath were in the Scottish 3rd Division and had a budget of 40K...I lead Cowdenbeath from the bottom of the league to the league title with a good 80pts (Won 25 Drew 5 Lost 6) ...had poor cup runs...no major signings for the club.. but Liam McGuiness was a very good loan from Kilmarnock.. The next season (04/05) in 2nd Division ended in 2nd place in the league with 66 pts (Won 19 Drew 9 Lost 9) and again poor cup runs... a major signing was Pablo Nino on a free transfer and the big star for the club...The (05/06) season was a lot harder – in the Scottish First Division - finished in 5th Position with 55pts (Won 17 Drew 4 Lost 15)... big signings for this season was Damien Johnston, Li Weifeng and Don Hutchinson...
    Still only got 40K for transfers... so decided to leave

Appointed Coventry Manager for (06/07) Season – the club was in receivership and in the Second Division – during my first season, I guide them to the playoff final after finishing 3rd in the league 84 pts (Won 25 Drew 9 Lost 12) – but lost the final on penalties… the major transfer was Marcelo Salas on a free transfer. Poor cup runs.
    Next Season (07/08) – still in receivership but had 40K to spend... so I decide to buy my old friend from Cowdenbeath - Pablo Nino. Finished 3rd in the league with 87 pts (Won 20 Drew 12 Lost 9) – reached the playoff final – the game again went to penalties and we won this time...poor cup runs... In the First Division (08/09), we finished 7th in the League with 73pts (Won 20 Drew 13 Lost 13)… was force the sell Salas... Again poor cup runs... Next Season (09/10) I was getting a bit feed up with the receivership mid season, so I resigned and joined Millwall in the Second Division... they a richer club with 9 million in the bank and 9 million to spend ...I won the league with 109pts (Won 34 Drew 7 Lost 7)... and a funny thing happened – I was offered Salas to buy, which I did... and am now trying to get Nino to join me as well...

That’s the story so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Started a 2 player game (both on same computer), me as Deportivo, my mate as Valencia

I won the league by a mile, Tristan and Makaay with Mido as backup were great, and for some reason my full backs decided to play out of their skin. Got to quarter finals in Champs league.

Played standard 4-4-2 attacking wingers, Victor and Vicente (11mil from Valencia),

very enjoyable game,
    just started a new game with Real Madrid, easy but hopefully willbe fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Was Man Utd for one season..won everything and got bored.

Was West Ham, without Joe Cole and Defoe id have been nobody! Play with them for 5 season...won the league twice and the fa cup a few times and the league cup twice. Got into European cup and lost at the semis to Barca. Bought Ronaldinho etc etc...heard all the trasnfer speculation about Beckham and Real Madrid so resigned and managed Real instead when Del Bosque got sacked.

Second season...Utd beat my in semis in first season and i beat them the semis in my second season. Won the league my first season and am second now in my second season with 5 games to go...

Thats it...

I want to build a dream team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Started with Barcelona.
    Only started it last night, so I havent gotten too far.
    Currently 4th in the league after 10 games, with a game in hand.
    I've won 6 and drawn 4.
    In the Champions League, the first group stage has finished, I came runner up to Dortmund, finishing with 13 points.
    Best result so far was beating Valencia 2-1 at home. Worst result was drawing 1-1 with Real Madrid in the Bernabeau. Was leading up until stoppage time when Raul got an equaliser in the 92nd minute. Kicking myself over that one.

First thing I did when I took over was looked to strengthen the squad. Barcelona have quite a weak defence so I went after Nesta, Samuel, Mexes and Chivu.
    Landed Chivu (18.75) and Mexes (9.25). Couldnt get the other two.
    Since then I've added Cherno Samba (free), and Arteta (3.1 release clause, 1.5 up front and 1.6 over 18 months), Farnerud (750k) and Kallstrom (2, might have gotten him for cheaper but there was a lot of interest so better to pay a little extra now than to lose out on him altogether) will be joining me when the transfer window opens again in Janurary.

Kluivert and Saviola are scoring well, about 15 or so between them now. Have been struck with a few injury woes. Namely Overmars, Luis Enrique, Sorin and Frank De Boer. Hope to have them back soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

i started with cork city because i wanted to earn the right to manage liverpool
    i was predicted to get a mid table place and finished 8th with a couple of games to spare (one place above relegation playoff)
    i won around 5 games, went long periods without scoring getting beat 2,3 and 4-0 regularly, when i finally won i match i scored 3 goals :mad:
    second season, was told relegation was a real possibility and to look forward to a long hard season. 16 games into the season, with one win in the bag, i was handed the sack, and i soon as i was gone they beat st pats 5-1 at home :eek: :o :rolleyes:
    :)

nobody wanted to buy any of my players, no-one wanted to join cork city, i got a loan from wycombe and some other english club, they weren't great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

no-one wanted to join cork city
    what do you expect
    best bet when youre an eircom league club is to scan free tranfers for players babingida and gustavo mendez are good signings for an eircom league club also scan through the crappy leagues and have paitence when all the clubs start going bust loads of great players are left without a club. Also apply for loan for massive amounts of people and a few should join you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

A small update.
    Just began second season with Barca.
    Won the league, CL and Spanish Cup last season, so I was pretty pleased with that. Some good victories in the CL, namely 3-1 (A) and 4-0 (H) against Roma in the quarter finals. Went through every Italian team to get there too. Milan in the 2nd group stage, then Roma, then Juve and finally Inter in the final. Beat them 3-1. Was 1-1 after normal time.
    Kluivert and Saviola were consistently banging in the goals, but Saviola broke his leg and was out for 5 months and Kluivert was out for 2. Up stepped Cherno Samba and Luis Enrique to fill their boots and they certainly did. Finished the season with about 40 between them.
    Farnerud and Kallstrom were outstanding when they signed. Areteta played a pivotal role in the centre of the pitch, scoring a few and creating quite a few more. Riquelme adapted very well to life on the left.

This season, I've brought in Gallas (10m), Sorin(6m - he impressed me alot while on loan with me last season) and Quaresma (a whopping 19m). All I need is a new goalkeeper and I think I'll have myself a worldclass team.

Current starting 11 is:

Enke (GK)
    Sorin (DL) Chivu (DC) Mexes (DC) Gallas (DR)
    Kallstrom (DMC)
    Riquelme (ML) Arteta (MC) Farnerud (MR)
    Saviola (FC) Kluivert (FC)

Subs:

Bonano
    Andersson
    Puyol
    Quaresma
    Luis Enriuqe
    Samba
    Xavi

I reckon I can match my success of last season. I won the Spanish Super Cup and European Super Cup, both against Betis, and just beat Man Utd (4-2 A) and Rangers (6-0 H) in the first group stage of the CL, so things are looking good.
    Also no real injury worries at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by DerekD Goldfish
    what do you expect
    best bet when youre an eircom league club is to scan free tranfers for players babingida and gustavo mendez are good signings for an eircom league club also scan through the crappy leagues and have paitence when all the clubs start going bust loads of great players are left without a club. Also apply for loan for massive amounts of people and a few should join you.

i got sacked, so i started a new game with hibernian
    they've got a much better budget so i can afford the wages of decent loan players

i brought in galivan from newcastle on 4k a week and tote from barca on 4.5k a week
    took tote a long time to get his first goal even though hes never performed at less than a 7 and he earned a little star next to his name on the squad screen

i've got a good assistant manager, i went on holidays for a couple of months cus i was annoyed at the results, when i returned i was in 4th place :o
    now level 3rd with aberdeen, with inferior goal difference

Advertisement