Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice on cycling please

• 19-07-2003 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

have just started cycling in an effort to get fit and loose a bit of weight. can any one suggest a suitable training programme? thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I take you actually bought a bycycle instead of cycling in the gym.

Well set yourself a set route that you cycle. Make sure to bring a bottle of water or sports drink with you. The last thing you want is to get dehydrated. For starters I would say cycle for about 15 minutes. Then once that starts getting easier start increasing the ditance which you cycle to make it longer.

Thats all I got time for at the moment. Not the best advise but it is something.

RunFree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Runfree

Well set yourself a set route that you cycle.

Ah man. noooo! If you cycle a set route, you might as well be in the gym on a boredom machine. Cycle a differnet route everytime, as far as possible, go different places, get to know all the ways around.

You'll stay more interested which means you're more likely to train.

But get one of those distance counters, and a bottle of water:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by Borzoi
    Cycle a differnet route everytime, as far as possible, go different places, get to know all the ways around.

That is true cycle a different route everyday. Just worded it wrong. But thanks for correcting me.

RunFree

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭cujimmy

thanks guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i would prefer to cycle for a reason rather than mindless cycling on a machine. like into town to buy something or to work. in my old job i could cycle to work and have a shower then so i could cycle hard and arrive a sweating pig and shower.

i know guys who drive 2 miles to the gym and then walk 4 miles on the threadmill...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Runfree
    That is true cycle a different route everyday. Just worded it wrong. But thanks for correcting me.

RunFree

Me aims to please:D No worries.

I must admit if there was a shower in work I'd cycle in too, it's only 4 miles and a lot of that is across the Pheonix Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cycling different routes if you have a destination ni mind, otherwise have a set of routes. Cycling them, noting your times and then try to beat your times. Its like weight training with baby weights if you don't set time/distance goals, you need to push yourself to get benefits.

Advertisement