Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPRS costs with O2??

• 20-07-2003 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Can some1 tell me how much it is 2 access GPRS, WAP, on an o2 pay monthly bill fone.
    Der site is down.

Wud have posted in wireless section , but im banned. Whos de mods 4 this, or are they ignoring my mails.

And wots dde difference between Gprs + Wap?

And how do u send a MMS message from fone to a fone.

I can send it from fone to mail addresses ok, and to blogmail trial thingy, but not to friends. 3 of us have 6610`s and neither receive MMS txts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

I was wondering that myself. Anyone else having problems sending mms messages via their nokia?

The o2 settings are in the phone but when i try to send an mms messages it stores it in the outbox but never sends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

WAP uses GPRS or CSD as the medium between your handset and your service provider.

Think of GPRS as ADSL or CSD as a 56K modem to access the Internet. Very simple explanation, but it tends to get the point across.

Try going to www.o2.ie for the charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

I have a nokia 5100 speakeasy from o2 and I am not being charged to use the gprs service. Its been a month or so since I ogt the phone and I've using mobile web ever since I got it and I have not been charged for it once. On the o2 site its says you are charged 3 cent per kilo byte but I have downloaded hundreds of stuff by now and have not been charged a centy. Its deadly. But I do have an 08608 number so Im sorted. Oh yea and my mms messages work and they charge me for that. 50cent a mms.

Advertisement