Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Ps2 games

Options
  • 20-07-2003 7:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

can anyone recommend ne games for ps2.
    i got burnout 2 , tony pro 4, midnight club 2.

i dont like Midnight club 2 at all .

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Well the obvious of course would be Vice city which is an excellent game, I enjoyed playing FFX it was very very linear but it was real fun and took sum time to beat it, I quite liked the Getaway but it was kinda hard, I havent played Tomb raider but ive herd good things, oh and Dynasty Warriors 4 Is a great Crack Especially 2 player Co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Gran Turismo 4
    Virtua Tennis 2 - Trsut me, dont dismiss it
    Fifa 2003 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2
    NHL 2003 or NHL Hitz 2003
    Vice City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

def jam vendetta. metal gear solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Def jam Vendetta

Dont dismiss Virtua Tennis 2 like your man said.

WWE Smackdown - Shut your mouth

Midnight Club 2 - really really like this game

Pro Evolution Soccer 2 over Fifa ANYDAY...wait till October when the new Pro Evo 3 is out. AMAZING.

Enter The Matrix - real good game

Silent Hill 3 - ESSENTIAL GAME

Ratchet & Clank

Dynasty Warriors 4

There just a few good ones. Theres a lot more...

jus saw you dont like midnight club 2...scratch that off then...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

What kind of games do you like?

If you like RPGs, then Final Fantasy X is a bit of a must-have, and Wild Arms 3 is quite good if a bit traditional.

If you like survival horror, you MUST own Project Zero. Silent Hill 2 and 3 are also both excellent.

If you like racing games, well, Burnout 2 is the best one on the platform, but Gran Turismo 3 is also very good indeed. Wipeout Fusion is sadly rubbish - try finding a copy of Extreme-G 3 (XG3) in a bargain bin somewhere instead, it's great.

If you fancy an atmospheric platform/puzzle game which a lot of people consider to be the best videogame ever made, don't miss out on ICO :)

If you like action platformers, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank are both absolutely excellent. Sly Raccoon is worth a look too.

For action adventure games, do NOT buy the new Tomb Raider game or Enter the Matrix - both are absolutely woeful, full of bugs and generally terrible. Try out Mark Of Kri, Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven or even Primal instead (although Primal is a last resort since it's also a bit stinky).

For simply damn good fun, if you don't mind looking VERY silly in front of your television, buy Eye Toy: Play :)

For sports games, ask someone else - I never play the evil blasted things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

well most has been covered by otheres except for...

-rez great musical shooter type thing
    -soul caliber 2 ( when its out )
    -tekken 4 ( if your into that sort of thing )
    -auto molesta ( or whatever its called ) seems good allthough i only pld it for a few minutes !

Originally posted by Shinji
    well, Burnout 2 is the best one on the platform,

what? its good like, but midnight club 2 and grand turismo kick its ass. its waaaaaaay to short and the races are too simple, there are no alternate routes or anything you just bounce around those colourfull walls

Midnight Club II is a deadly game in my opinion. My reason some people hate it is cos its VERY DIFFICULT.

Enter The Matrix is a very good game. Look at the reviews it got.

Cableguy im not letting that put me off...i have no doubt its WAY better than Pro 2. How did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Enter the Matrix is utterly ****e. The reviews it got were a total scam.

Midnight Club 2 isn't half as good as the first game, which wasn't brilliant to start with.

I'd recommend Ico, Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, Virtua Tennis 2k2 and Psyvariar.

If you like music action try and find Gitarooman and Amplitude as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

ICO is a must buy game, trust me.
    Final Fantasy X will eat weeks of your life.
    Virtua fighter 4 & Tekken 4, both class beat em ups.
    Dont mind Vice city, its not as half as good as its made out to be, go with Grand theft auto 3 instead.
    Silent Hill 3, it ROCKS.
    You buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the woefully underrated battle engine aquila is a good choice, as are final fantasy x and kingdom hearts(lots of disney sacharine tripe in to though). gta3 and vice city obviously.

timesplitters 2 for some excelltent console fps multiplayer goldeneye style.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Enter the matrix is fun to play around with the bullet time but,,,thats about all, apart from that its utter bolax on a stick , reviews ? it got TERRIBLE reviews 5/10 , 4/10 60 % etc cba to check what eurogamer gave it,.....shinji ?

I read real good reviews it got...

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    timesplitters 2 for some excelltent console fps multiplayer goldeneye style.

i can't play tose games on a console, by the time i aim with the controller the other person has rocket jumped out of the way. my friend is like that with timesplitters but i would destroy him if it were on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Enter the Matrix
    Final Fantasy X, or any other in the series,
    Jak & Daxter
    Def jam Vendetta
    NHL 2003

Are the ones that I play alot off, you really have to know what type of game your looking for.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not saying this just to annoy you 50cents but the only reason that Enter the Matrix got good reviews from some magazines was because they were paid to give it good reviews. It's a sad fact that this actually happens.

A great underrated platformer is Maximo. If you find it cheap somewhere then you should definitely get it.

Since most of my recommendations have already been listed I'd just like to add that if anyone has a chipped PS2 then they really should get Suikoden 3 as soon as possible. From little i've played the game is fantastic. There are three intertwining stories to choose from at the start and it looks like there could be more later on since there is space for another 3. The game is probably as good as FFX and could possibly be better. It really is a huge improvement over suikoden 2. Also Chris is one of the most fanciable game characters ever :D And before Swifty has another swipe at me :D Chris is also a girls name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

cba to check what eurogamer gave it,.....shinji ?

I think it got a four, and frankly we were FAR too bloody generous with that.

Retr0gamer is correct (for a change) - a lot of magazines were paid to give good reviews of Enter The Matrix. The same thing happened with Official PS2 Magazine and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness - it got 8/10, and the consensus is that this was because OPS2M was paid for its review.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is there any time that OPS2M isn't paid to review games. They are absolutely diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ICO, Rez, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Burnout 2, Pro Evolution 2. If you fancy something a bit different, I recommend Everblue 2, Klonoa 2 and G1 Jockey.

• Advertisement

Thats a pity actually they pay magazines to give them good reviews...didnt think that went on to be honest...what about Mtv? you know that games show? Did real well on that and also on ITV teletext and RTE one when it was out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Dont mind Vice city, its not as half as good as its made out to be,

are ye mad man???!

well the pc version is best anyway - not sure bout ps2...

A lot of those tv shows don't have any decent reviewers. They all try to have a 'cool' image so that they can attract a younger audience which they believe is the biggest audience for a gameshow while everyone else knows that it isn't. Thats why you usually see very popular games getting great reviews, games such as Fifa soccer, and well there isn't anything as popular or cool as the matrix :) I wouldn't be surprised if they were getting paid off as well.

well the pc version is best anyway

I prefer the PS2 version despite a woeful frame rate and blurry graphics. Theres less annoying bugs such as cars disappearing when they are out of line of sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Originally posted by Spike
    are ye mad man???!

well the pc version is best anyway - not sure bout ps2...

He must be mad... Vice City was great on the PS2, I enjoyed every second of the hours and hours that I played.
    I'd recommend FFX and Tekken 4, they're the games that I spent longest playing. I also enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, Max Payne and GT3, and 007 Nightfire is worth a look aswell.

i agree about gaming shows. there was one called lan jam and there were thees two cartoons, with some wee london type shiits saying dis game ez wikeeed. and sh1t like that, i hate those shows but watch them for the gaming content. there was one excellent show late on channel 4, with three girls who went to clubs and stuff, to play games on projectors, the jokes were good and you could tell they knew theyre gaming stuff. can anyone remember the name?

Lan Jam was a right joke. You are talking about Bits. I didn't really like their reviews but by god the three girls were damn sexy, especially Emily Booth :-) Thumb Bandits was okay but a bit too, look at us we're just like FHM, style. I don't anything will ever beat Gamesmater for a while, not that it was perfect but the tv studios won't risk putting on another evening videogames show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think she has her own show on Sci fi channel now.

rhianna pratchet, the girl who quit pc zone, should have her own show. both for her opinipon and sax appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

weemcd will probably agree with me on this one...

BUY AN XBOX..... dont fight it..... step into the darkside...

ha ha ha.... only joking

or a gamecube....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

oh christ give it up....

Advertisement