Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT - HM230dp

Options
  • 20-07-2003 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Everyone!

Does anybody has technical documentation or the user guide (in pdf or doc format) about the DSL modem Ericsson HM230dp included with the EsatBT DSL Connection (512k/256k with NO download limit).

- The technician who came to install the connection did'nt leave me anything about it.
    - No such documentation available on the Ericsson website.

Please contacte me if you have such docs

Thanks in advance

Bsk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

I did download some docs for it but I don't know where they are now. But google and you should be able to find a pdf. The modem seems to be used alot in Spain and Italy as if you use google groups there are alot of posts from those contries. Acourding to the docs there is a web based admin ablity but I was unable to log in to it.

If you are able to log on to the modem let me now.

Regards

Deu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Bysanko

a web based admin ability ....it's exactly the type of details I need, does someone knows how to log on the web management page of this DSL modem ...or maybe what is the port to use via the browser ?

Regards

Bsk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Try the IP of the router on port 80, that should work.
    Failing that, call esat in the morning 1800 924924 they'll be able to sort you...the ericsson website is crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi,

you can find the spec sheet here : http://www.ericsson.com/ee/consumer/Datasheet_HM230d_r4.pdf

A wee google would have found that.

Regards,

Paul

As eth0_ write the ericsson website is CRAP! and the spec sheet is useless ...so the only option left is to call EsaBT.

Thanks for your help guys anyway

Bsk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Out of interest Bysanko, how long did it take for esat to connect you to that service(512/256) . Just wondering as im heading for 5 weeks waiting for them to connect me.

Cheers.
    _______
    C.

I don't want to scary you but I've send out my application form to esatBT (for the DSL 512/256 with NO limit) the 13/03/2003 and they came onsite the 24/06/2003 to plug everything on, so it took about 3 months to get connected ...don't expect me to say it worth waiting ...their excuses was the time needed for Eircom to release the phone line expect 19 working days (in my case a longer).

PS: maybe their process is quicker now!.

...by the way I've called the EsatBT Helpdesk and they are not allowed to give out the way to log on the web management page of the HM230dp.

Bsk

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

Put the link below in to babel fish it is in itilian and there is alot of info on the modem
    http://spazioinwind.libero.it/zaccasoft/3hm220dp4all/faqs.htm

I think either the modem is blocked as mentioned on the site ( you would need to upgrade the firm ware) or Esat have changed the default web login ip address of the modem.

Deu

Advertisement