Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.:PC Game Poll:.

Options
  • 20-07-2003 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

This is a poll to see which is the most exciting release in pc games.

What Game are you most excited about? 89 votes

Half-life 2
    0% 0 votes
    Doom 3
    75% 67 votes
    Deux Ex - Invisible War
    12% 11 votes
    Other- Please state in thread which game
    12% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I think its obvious its gonna be Half Life 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

i went for hl2 mainly because its unscripted but im looking forward to all of them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I know wut to expect out of all the games mentioned above so im not to fussed, But im a looking forward to Call of Duty (Activisons new WW2 Game with Mohaa Designers on their team), Commandos 3 which is a brilliant RTS the second one had me for ages and is great online, and last of all Battlefield: Vietnam for its new engine and Controls in them pesky Choppers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Dredd vs Death.

i just wanna be a judge so much:)

doom3 - lost interest in it after seeing the e3 xbox vid, it looks too shiny to be scary, which sucks really seeing as scariness was its big draw.

hl2 - neck in neck with dredd, i prolly want it more tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Half-life 2 by a mile. There's just so many cool things about it that if it does what they say it will, it won't just be a sequel it could be the most important thing in fps' since Quake browned it's way into the world.

Doom 3 sustains my interest merely because of my loyality to id. But I'm not expecting much besides a nice 3d engine.

I've heard a lot of good things about the new Deus Ex, but tbh I'd settle for the same game engine with a new story, as I liked the first one so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Thief 3 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Jedi Knight 3, the new double sided Lightsabers and 2 Lightsabers look pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Doom 3 im pritty much buying a new pc to play it ! :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Originally posted by amp
    Half-life 2 by a mile. There's just so many cool things about it that if it does what they say it will, it won't just be a sequel it could be the most important thing in fps' since Quake browned it's way into the world.

Agree 100%, and that/s why I voted HL2.

Tbh, I'll probably buy each of the listed 3 options, but HL2 is the one I'm *really* looking forward to, if not for the game itself then for the engine with makes for some great mods - both single and multiplayer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Definitely HL2. It's the only game on the PC that I'm even remotely interested in. Wasn't too interested in Doom3 for a while but I've become less critical about it since it now looks more like a game than a graphics demo which I was afraid it would end up being.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Easily HL2. It's a game worthy of drooling over. When I hear a list of what it promises to do, it almost sounds a bit too good. I'm looking foward to apparently being able to grab a piece of the room and use it a shield, whilst hiding from 30 foot monsters with advanced AI....And HL is quite possibly my favourite game of all time, so it wasn't much of a decision to vote...

Having said that, I'll probably check out Invisible Wars. Although I haven't quite finished the first one, I genuinely like the game and it had a decent enough plot.

Doom 3 I could shrug too. Never been a major fan of the Quake series - I find the demos enough to satisfy me. I think they're just a bit too much of a mindlass blast, without the innovation of the other two titles. More suited to multiplayer than anything else. And aren't the specs required for the game meant to be utterly ridiculous? I know HL2 is going to run on the basic machine, but Doom 3 is meant to almost unrunnable on top machines if you want top resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

some very nice games mentioned in tthread. Judge dreed, game is going to be sweet want to play that, and also jedi knight 3. But most definetly it has to be Half life 2. The movie was the best thing i have seen ever. it was soo amazing!! The new weapons look so sweet!! And the AI in the game is really something else!! I sooo can't wait for this game to come out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

HL2 - I cannot wait for this game - already planning how to coax the missus into going out for the night with the girls when it comes out (methinks it won't take much coaxing ;)

Then it'd be DE2 and lastly Doom3

By the way, is HL2 still supposed to be coming out on september 30th, 'cos that's a tuesday, or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

By the way, is HL2 still supposed to be coming out on september 30th, 'cos that's a tuesday, or what?

That's still the official USA release date - they don't have the same policy of every game coming out on a Friday in the USA that we have here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So hopefully we will get it the firday after the yanks. At least it isn't the usual 6 month wait for a console game. I can still see HL2 getting delayed til maybe even Christmas. Valve are one of those companies that wwon't release a game unless its perfect. It will be worht the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

can someone please provide a link to the HL2 trailer??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It this a trick question? Hmm, Half Life 2.

(edit: As in is the PC Game Poll a trick question)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

sorry i thought i saw someone mention it...no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Konix heres some of the latest hi-res HL2 vid's,( not E3 shakey cam 1's ) their defo worth the DL.http://www.gamershell.com/download_movie.shtml
    And HL2 wont be delayed.:rolleyes:

CombatCow

You wish. When was the last time that a big PC game actually got released before 6 months after its original release date. Valve are also an American Company and not Japanese. In japan missing a release date is punishable by a dishonourable death. :ninja: Also remember how long the original HL was delayed. Still i think that the game will have a december release date at the latest and more realistically will probably only have about a months delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

HL2 without even hesitating about it.

That said, I liked Deus Ex and would like to see the sequel.

Doom3, eh .... out of loyality for Id more than anything, but we shall see.

However, Call of Duty looks promising too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Call of Duty
    Duke Nukem Forever - Whenever
    Homeworld 2
    Stalker Oblivion Lost - Almost as impressive looking as HL2 / D3
    Starcraft 2 - It's inevitable, although the lack of information is not helpful

That’s all I can think of right now. I’m sure I’m missing something though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

In japan missing a release date is punishable by a dishonourable death.

That'll explain the mass slaughter of the Star Ocean 3 development team, then. Oh, and the Suikoden 3 team as well, now I think about it.

Games in Japan do slip (not as often as Yank ones admittedly), but it's less often noticed because, sensibly, they don't generally announce release dates until they're pretty certain that they'll meet them...

I think the japanese way is far better than the america way of "heres when we say its out but you will be waiting another 6-12 months before you get to play it". The last big non-Japanese game that I remember that made it's release date was Tomb Raider.

I hope Blizzard are making a Starcraft 2. We'll be waiting a while on it though since Blizzard are perfectionists and the slippage kings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Has to be Stalker Oblivion Lost and HL2. Shame on you for not including Stalker in the poll!!

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

about starcraft 2. Its console only. Its an FPS. Its probably going to be ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Adrian
    about starcraft 2. Its console only. Its an FPS. Its probably going to be ****.

Im guessing thats actually StarCraft Ghost you are talking about? :rolleyes:

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Half
    Life

Without a doubt. The video's i've seen of it looks absolutely amazing. Downside being, i'll need a new graphics card :(

But i think the game is worth it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I got Half Life there recently and haven't been too taken by it.

Doom 3 should give me a good excuse to upgrade my PC even if it won't be a return to the balls out action that made the original so addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

does anybody know where i can get the full 25min video of HL2 in proper high res, cuz i d/l the one off fileshack and it was fairly crap quality, and it was supposedly the "high quality" one. It was really grainy. i got like 3 high res one, that were in parts already, but i want to full video in high res, anybody know where i can d/l it?

Advertisement