Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone here recording guitar on their comp?

Options
  • 20-07-2003 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

i've been trying to record electric guitar on cubasis, but i find that when i record a 2nd track the distortion from the 2nd guitar tends to cancel out the distortion from the 1st guitar, and i just end up with with a noisy ill-defined sound. each track on its own sounds fine, its just when i put them together it gets a bit fckd up. anyone got any tricks to fix this? or does anyone know a good forum for discussin this kind of stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 BigglesWorth

Try a different program, What kind of sound card do u have. The program i use is cool-edit pro and its grand

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Post a wee sample so we know exactly what you're talking about. I think I've had the same problem but it was just a mixing problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

yeh i had a trial version of cool edit pro, and really liked it, didn't have this problem. its fairly expensive to buy though isn't it? im on a sounblaster audigy, hopefully i'll have a spare min tomorrow to post up a sample. dont computer music magazine have a good forum somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Your levels may be to high, keep them below -4dB and above -12dB to be sure.

Advertisement