Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19 " Sony Wega Monitor for £159

• 20-07-2003 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

Click me!!!

I wouldnt normally post about one deal or another but this is a rare offer, I've never seen a sony monitor as cheap.

Comes with Full 3 year warranty. They are liqudated stock or returns/ex demos. Sounds like a bargain to me :ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Might be worth putting in the Bargain Board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Dell P991:

Hate to say it - but there was a really bad lot of Dell P991.
    My company at the time bought 25 Dells with this monitor and 20 of them were defective in some way.
    The most common problem was the lower left of the screen was blured - or the colours separated(over the start button) or the whole left of the screen showed a slight Red border.
    It looked really bad while viewing a white screen eg. a word document.

Also one had a scratched screen and one had a tiny bubble in the glass.

They replaced only a few (about 10) of them and got some of the newer P992's for some of them - and they were fine. I would have sent them all back... The rest were just left there and no-one would use them.

I spoke to a tech support in Dell - and he confirmed that there was a problem with some of the Sony Dell monitors and they were replacing without question any that were returned.

You could get lucky - not all the monitors are bad - but if you are picky with your picture quality - I wouldnt risk buying without seeing this model.
    But all the other Sony's & Dells I've seen are superb.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

This sale does not apply to Ireland

Delivery Note: We can deliver products only within the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland). If you have registered with an address that is outside of the UK, we will not deliver to that address. Please go to your Member Account page and change the address to one within the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Too good to be true then, a friend of mine from englands ordered one, i'll see what he says first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Yeah, all the best bargains are UK only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i have this moniter got it for £180 [punts] a few years ago, its a great moniter no problems with it at all great bargin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

My mate in england says it looks brand new and his definitely wasnt a display model, i think I'll get it ordered to a relative up north then get it in the car :ninja:

Advertisement