Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-vision Evil Dead Madness!!!!

• 20-07-2003 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

OH lord, tese are some great cheap times for horror fans. I popped into Xtra-vision yesterday and guess what i spotted on the shelve along with all the other dozens of titles available in their new sale. All three EVIL DEAD movies, including the new EVIL DEAD 3:Army Of Darkness 2 disc region 2 DVD, for 15 euro, or two for 25. I got Army OF Darkness with my mate and as such only cost me 10 euro. Amazing, a few weeks back i was contemplating paying 37:99 euro for their weird copy that seemed to be an import, and here i am now with it, for a bloody tenner. There was tons of other Horror DVDs there aswell. THe CHangeling, The Others, Jeepers creepers, erm, god i can't remember the other ones, just go down to your nearest biggish Xtra-vision and get in some cheap classic horror. If your interested i got mine in Swords, if you want to know the sure-fire place to get them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

ya i picked up the same too
    didnt see evil dead 2 though

pity they didnt get in more of the older stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

But hold up just a minute guys.

Since it's been well over a month since they last released a new edition of an Evil Dead DVD, they decided the time was right for an Evil Dead Trilogy box-set. It's basically just all the things you can pick up on the seperate disks (although the AOD disk seems a bit bare compared to the 2-disk edition), but with the added incentive of an extra bonus disk featuring an unmatted, 4x3 version of Evil Dead 1 and a few bonus featurettes.

I already own two versions of each of these films. Freaked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

ObeyGiant,

I'm the same. Have copies of Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness from way back when. Then have the Evil Dead 2 Anchor Bay edition (tin box, oooh!) and a newer 2-disc Army Of Darkness DVD (extras, both endings).

Only one copy of Evil Dead so far :)

I'd considered getting the Evil Dead game on the XBox (but didn't because the reviews weren't very favourable). If I had, that would have been a third copy of Evil Dead 2 as it comes with one.

Scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by koneko
    Only one copy of Evil Dead so far :)
    It better be the Book of the Dead edition, or I'll be very, very disappointed. On a related note - I saw Game on Dawson street are selling the Book of the Dead edition for twenty bucks.
    Originally posted by koneko
    I'd considered getting the Evil Dead game on the XBox (but didn't because the reviews weren't very favourable). If I had, that would have been a third copy of Evil Dead 2 as it comes with one.
    I bit the bullet and splashed out on Fistful of Boomstick for the PS2. It's really not as bad as people are making out. It's basically like the original Gauntlet with Deadites (and, of course, Bruce Campbell cracking wise). I'd say if I didn't have a major boner for Evil Dead, I'd get bored of it pretty quick. But I do. So I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, might still get it if only for the Bruce Campbell voice-overs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm the same. Have copies of Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness from way back when. Then have the Evil Dead 2 Anchor Bay edition (tin box, oooh!) and a newer 2-disc Army Of Darkness DVD (extras, both endings).

Only one copy of Evil Dead so far

SHOW OFF :) I have evil dead and evil dead 2 - aint got army of darkness just yet allthough I do have "fistfull of boomstick" hmmm its a good larf... but not great - if youve played "state of emergency" its exactly like that except with zombies and bruce cambell ... plus a lil storyline :)

A Fistfull of Boomstick is a good game. But non Evil dead fans will grow bored of it. Its well worth buying if you enjoy the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

fistful of boomstick is Kool!!

I have all the Evil Dead films. I'm suprised that the Army of Darkness DVD has Evil Dead 3 on it when the original tape version had Medievil Dead on it instead.

If you love Evil Dead, get Fistful of Boomstick. The xbox version has some good graphics.

Now i have two copies of Evil Dead 2!!

Advertisement