Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Signings?

Options
  • 20-07-2003 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Title speaks for itself who have been your best and worst signings?

Best Signing(s)
    -Arteta £2.9M to Barca, now worth £21.5M.
    Games: 39 Avr Rat: 8.79 Gls:7 Ast:13
    -Farnerud £600K to Charlton, now worth £8.75M
    Games: 41 Avr Rat:8.46 Gls:9 Ast:26

Worst Signing(s)
    -Maccarone £4.5M to Cardiff, now worth £400K.
    Games:22 Avr Rat: 6.24 Gls:1 Ast:2
    -Morientes £8M to Charlton, now worth £6.75M
    Games: 33 Avr Rat: 6.56 Gls:4 Ast:3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Chiotis-AEK Athens-50,000.

A fantastic goalkeeper.He is the best in the world even in his first season.His price vary's from game to game but it should not go over 2 million.PAY IT!! Hes worth every penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Joquain, first season set up 29 goals scored somewhere in the tweens, and he improved for the next season.... best signing I have ever made.

Worst signing, probably Christiano Ronaldo from Sporting club de Lisbon, bought him for 19m and you don't know where to play the basturd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Christiano Ronaldo is great in any attatcking midfield role...

Its not easy to get him to leave lisbon for anything but one of the top clubs tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Cristiano Ronaldo is more of an attacking midfielder than a forward? Thats good news I bought him for Barcelona when he had a silly low min. fee release but I've been kinda stumped where to play him.

Where would be best? Right wing, left wing, breaking from the middle of a 4-4-2 or as a AMR or something?

Worst signing was Djalminha by a ****ing street, I was chelsea and everything was coming along very nicely, I signed him for a bargain price literally the next week he started cutting training and I had to fine him he went AWOL all the ****ing time and the entire squad became unhappy and lost form. I offloaded him for 10% if what I paid for him and the season was ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

Hes good as an AMR alright, but he is like Ronaldihno, have to build the team round him, which I aint doin

• Advertisement

I play a central 3 in midfield, no wingers to speak of..

So its him, mark kerr and farnerud in the middle of the park for my celtic team :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a free with Westham is my best.

Ortega for 9mill for BlackBurn was my worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mido from Ajax . Currently into my first real game with Liverpool with EP5.

Top of the league with 7 point lead with about 8 games left.
    1/4 Finals of CL agaist Juve next game.
    1/2 Finals of FA Cup agaist Arsenal to come.

I am having a great time in the transfer market.Bought Mido, Kerr , Kaka , Kallstorm so far.

I have mexes, Le tellec, the other guy from Le Harve all to come in the summer.

All i need now is a cover for me left winger who is Partridge at present. He is doing quite well but looking to get a better player.

Have first option on Cole for 3 years. Missed on Kewell though when leeds went bankrupt. All in my first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    I play a central 3 in midfield, no wingers to speak of..

So its him, mark kerr and farnerud in the middle of the park for my celtic team :)

CM3 or CM4?

I didn't think Mark Kerr is that great in CM4, haven't heard of him being praised that much. how good is he?

have not played CM3 in the longest time..

its all about CM4 (and beyond at this stage ww) )

Mark kerr is cheap, and does a good job, so if you dont have a lot of cash (like most clubs) he is a great fella to go for..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Robbie Fowler - worst
    31 games 4 goals 8 million

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Best was in CM3 00/01, Henri Scheweleff. Bought for about 450k and well... see for yourself...

Schewi leetness

Arjen Robben and Carlos Jacques were also great buys in CM3 , but they weren't cheap (think Jacques was ~22m from Milan, Robben was 14m).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Brian O'Leary

Arjen Robben bought for £15 million now worth £21 million.Joe Cole and Defoe both class signings and Alan Smith got World Player of the Year.Rio Ferdinand another brilliant signing and Brozek,Fernando Torres and Izmailov all class youngsters.Mario Yepes and Cambiasso are both worth their money and Pablo Aimar was another class signing even though he cost me £40!Mpenza and Dyer also good signings and Mark Kerr another great youngster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭Morgans

First game I played with Man UNited, simply because i had heard so many poor reviews that I wanted an easy introduction to teh game. Van Nistelrooy doesnt half abng them in, but struck for a bit of support up front. (Forlan and Solskjaer do score) I went for a bargain of Zalayeta from Juventus. He is a monster in the air. If you do have the wingers, just get them on his head. Ended up stealing the limelight from Van Nistelrooy.

fantastic buy.

Bought Farnerud for half nothing but he hasnt done much for me. Still learning the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭canker

Best - Bovar Karim, Martin Palermo and Vladislav Radimov

Worst - Gennaro Gattuso and Fernando Morientes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Best:
    Arteta - £3.1m now worth £25m
    32 games, 3 goals, 17 assists

Farnerud - £750k now worth £13.75m
    Injured most of this season
    Last season 24 games, 4 goals, 6 assists

Kallstrom - £2m now worth £11.25m

Cherno Samba - £140k now worth £5.5m
    16 games, 13 goals, 7 assists

Worst:
    None so far.

Although I didn't have to buy them Riquelme and Saviola are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I just have to add Adrian Mutu, bought from Parma to Real Madrid for £22M(release clause). He's great in this game his stats are
    Apps: 43 Gls:36 Assts:12 Avr. Rat:8.63
    He is now worth £39.5M, hooray for Adrian and Chelsea for bringing him to my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Defoe 40 games and 47 goals doesn't always get good ratings but keeps on scoring.

Cost me 1.8 mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Pie , where did you get Henri Scheweleff from ? I looked him up and he doesn't look have as good as in your game.

I can only see a few of his attribtutes at the mo but I've set my scouts on him .

He looks bloddy class in your game quite a few 20's in his attributes.

By the way I've found a DM called Alburquerque (Spelling ?) only 20 yrs old , Portuguese .

Made his debut for me in a pre-season game against Auxerre came on with 6 minutes on the clock scored the winner and was voted man of the match . He's been bought to replace the ailing Roy Keane . He's llooking good but haven't played any competitive games yet so time will tell.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I playing with Sheffied Wed in the first division on CM4.
    This is my first time playing CM in years.
    Any tips for players, my scouts are comming back to me with lists and lists but no one will come to my club, I'm even being refused by free transfers and 35 year olds.
    My keeper is great as are my strikers but I lact the central midfield.
    Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

Millwall has a lot of talent in it. Ashikodi, Samba, Gueret, Hearn, May, Clancy all have quite a bit of potential.
    Klose seems extremely good too. (not Millwall)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

Hes good as an AMR alright, but he is like Ronaldihno, have to build the team round him, which I aint doin

Thats bull****. You don't have to build a team around him...take say Man Utd.

You play him on the right or left with a small run, with cross ball, run with ball and forward runs all ticked in his settings.

And thats it. My team is as follows:

Howard(1)

Mancini Brown Ferdinand Dédé

Ronaldo/Quaresma Keane Kleberson Giggs/Ronaldo

Scholes

RVN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

welli have put him left forward and he's not short of goals somthing like 18 in 15 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

In CM 00-01.

Signed Gary Doherty for Reading (just promoted to Prem) from Spurs for a cut-price 28K, four weeks prior to his contract expiring. He has:

Won 4 premiership titles (twice a runner-up).
    Won 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 4 Charity Shields, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Champions League (twice a runner-up as well), 1 World Club Championship.
    He has been Irish Player Of The Year 4 times, and European Defender Of The Year twice.
    60 Caps for Ireland, and captained them to the World Cup final, losing 1-0 to Germany.
    Average rating for his entire career is something like 7.25.

Oh, did I mention he only cost 28K???

:D

In CM 00-01.

BORING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Worst:

Djalminha. worst singing EVER. whingy bastard.

then some prick for Charlton who got upset cos I din't play him. upset the whole team.

Best:
    Saviola.
    Ronaldinho
    Duff
    some Ukranian chap I cant think of his name atm. Cost £12m and his price has almost trebled. classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by UbahOne
    BORING!

ARS*HOLE'S REPLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

UbahOne this is the Championship Manager Board not the CM4 board. A post about CM 00-01 is just as valid as one about CM4 or CM 97-98. So cop on.

Back on topic.
    I think Kaka may be my worst signing.
    He's playing crap for me on the right. So where should I play him? I've tried him up front but he's not performing there either. Last option is the centre of the field but that means dropping Riquelme or Arteta.

UbahOne this is the Championship Manager Board not the CM4 board. A post about CM 00-01 is just as valid as one about CM4 or CM 97-98. So cop on.

Sir yes sir.
    I think Kaka may be my worst signing.

First season, play him as a sub as a right forward. His finishing is not great so he cant be an out and out striker. He can play deadly on the right in my game in a simple 4-4-2 formation and he can also adapt and play just as well in 4-2-1-3 too...

Have him on forward runs, cross ball and long shots(if its a good rating...cant remember) and he should be ok. he doesn't get brilliant until about 2 seasons in usually but still is deadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Approaching 10 seasons into my game(CM4), and I've found the following players to be well worth the money:

Joe Cole - a must buy, and available on the cheap should West Ham go down.

Glen Johnson - Young, inexpensive but develops into an amazing player. Bought him for €1.7million, now worth over €20million :)

Andrew Davies - Similar to Davies.

Milan Baros - Not sure how much you'd have to pay for him, I manage Liverpool, but he gets goals by the dozen each month.

Anatoli Todorov - Bulgarian striker, bought him for €6,500,000 - he's now worth €42,500,000!

Adriano - managed an incredible 73 goals in a season for me.

Freddy Adu - hes only ~14 yrs old at game start, won his first cap for the USA at age 16.

Klose - Available on a bosman soon into the game, gets oodles of goals from the air.

Micheal Chopra, Tomi Petrescu, Hugo Viana and Chris Kirkland are all exceptional also.

Advertisement