Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Signings?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 197 ✭✭Wolfie

I started off managing 2nd division teams, and worked my way up, currently managing Arsenal, Thierry Henry is the best striker in the game. Scored 105 goals for me in my first season, no ****!

John Carew on a free is well worth it, he wins everything in the air.

Andres D'Allessandro is also a class striker.

Diego for midfield.

Man Utd's Kieran richardson develops into a class left winger (better than ronaldinho) and pennant on the right wing.

For some cheap players try Markus Heikkenen (MC), Matt Heath (DC) and Jabu Pule (left winger, cheap and good).

But Henry, 105goals, need I say more!

Cherno Samba is a class young striker, and of course, Freddy Adu, the wonderkid! You might get him on a free even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

playing with parma in 05/06 now, they're a class team.

like many i've bought kallstrom, he's class! and bloody cheap too.

mancini is another really good buy.

if you run the italian league when playing as a manager in a country outside italy, wait for a season or two and all the big names go bankrupt (lazio,roma,inter,milan and juve at the moment in my game).

cole is indeed excellent, a good right winger is marchonni for parma. Bonera is an out of this world defender and works brilliantly with long passing and counter-attacking.

not to mention the forwards there, mutu and adriano, couldnt ask for better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

My worst signings in CM 01/02 were all in the one game managing Liverpool...still playing it now...Ronaldo, Pablo Aimar, Alvaro Recoba, Alex, Andres D'Allesandro, Van der Vaart...paid a fortune for all of them and for some reason they all sucked, and are still sucking. Had to get rid of them all. Except van der Vaart, but he's on his way out the door soon.

P.S. Have you always had that avatar Wolfie ? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Hugo Vianna is my worst, he gets 6 in nearly every game and always looses the ball. He's been replaced by Cristiano Ronaldo now though.

Paul Robinson is also proving to be a waste of money.

And Kaka is still not getting a look in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Worst: Ronaldo €45.5mill....less than 20 goals in 40+ games in 2 seasons :(

Best:
    Nicolas Cloreac...the bro got him on a free...sold for £37.5 mill 3 seasons later from Bayern Munich to Lazio

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Eron

I would say my best ever signing was actually Zomora, he scored a rake of goals for Arsenal, and I had J.Aliadiere (arsenal reserves) with him. The two notched up 55 goals between them in the first season together. Super players, and got one for next to nothing, and the other was in my ranks. I always sign Kaka, he is a super player, and I have to say one of my favourite players in the game is Pirlo. Put him into midfield, and you have yourself a rock that can score and defend, super player. The big names go without saying, I mean Zidane, another class... Raul was a big dissapointment in two games, but then I bought Del Piero and put him, Raul and Ronaldo up front, and the goals came along to all 3.

Worst signing was Figo, he does nothing, and is always misserable... strange for such a good player irl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

claudio reyna was brillant for me 3.2 million (got him with my first offer. have him playing anchor man for chealsea and duff veron/deigo/deco and mancini can all play attacking roles now. Never gets a rating over or under 8 in every game !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭UbahOne

My team is:

Mancini ferdinand silvestre dédé

Keane

Ronaldo/Quaresma Giggs/Ronaldo

Zidane

Ronaldo Van Nist

* Dont hate the playa. Hate the game. Thats the best team i could come up with anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

My Team:

Kirkland
    G. Johnson Mexes Riise
    Biscan
    Pennant Kallstrom Harbuzi J.Cole
    Farnerrud Owen

Subs:B. Cheyrou, M. Baros, S. Gerrard, J. Welsh, Fabio Paim

My best buys were Harbuzi when he was about 17. Got him for 200k, now he's my top assists and worth 14million.
    Fabio Paim too, got him when he was 14. He's 17 now and worth 3million. Will be a brilliant winger.
    Btw, Biscan is one of my best players - he is nothing like the real Biscan.
    Worst buy was Patrick Paauwe. Looked great but he didn't play well for me at all. Sold at cut price at end of his first season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

for the lad with the question about Sheff Wed, jus get players on loan. Kapo is normally available and he is great.

My best signings have been Jenas on a free (7.82 avg) Diego (7.9avg) and Fernando Cavenaghi ( 40gls 42matches )

In my 6th Season in tottenham just done the double (uefa and league) I have won the uefa cup twice and the league twice my team are all brillant (only lost 3games and 4 draws all season) and I would advise anyone to buy these players if you need someone in that position. prices in euros

GK - Nigamalutin - russian, pretty cheap 3mil-ish
    rb-mcnaughton(3mil-ish) dc-milito(7mil) dc-mexes(9mil) rb - domizzi (3mil-ish)

dmc - Jenas (got him on free, could be quite expensive to buy?)
    amc - diego (15mil - well worth is)

amr - Paim (everyone knows about him)
    aml - makfoko (4mil-ish form wimbledon)

sc - fernando cavenaghi (20mil, well worth it. BUY HIM)
    sc - Keane (really, really good)

and on the bench, stackenlenberg(gk), kallstrom (amc - real good)
    mike duff (drc - really good and real cheap), govou (very good, 14mil) and faneraud (pretty average to be honest , 1.5mil)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Pie , where did you get Henri Scheweleff from ? I looked him up and he doesn't look have as good as in your game.

I can only see a few of his attribtutes at the mo but I've set my scouts on him .

He looks bloddy class in your game quite a few 20's in his attributes.

Only noticed that now, sorry :)

Schewi is one of those random players that can either be ridiculously good or ridiculously bad. I just always seem to get him good :)

Just buy him early, and play him as sub a lot for a season or 2 and he usually comes good in the end (in CM3 anyway, I haven't played much CM4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I signed Emile Mpenza half way through my first season with Parma he scored 22 goals for me in 22 games. Now in my second season and he has started it by scoring 14 goals in 10 games. He is worth 17.5 million now, he is out for two months with a groin strain but I'm still confiedent he will break 50 goals this season.

Not bad for a 4.1 million buy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by The FANJ
    I signed Emile Mpenza half way through my first season with Parma he scored 22 goals for me in 22 games. Now in my second season and he has started it by scoring 14 goals in 10 games. He is worth 17.5 million now, he is out for two months with a groin strain but I'm still confiedent he will break 50 goals this season.

Not bad for a 4.1 million buy.
    Yup Mpenza rules. He was quality in 00/01 aswell, got injured a fair bit but still usually managed to score about 35 goals a season (usually playing about 30 games).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Delboy79

Best Signings in the Current CM4 Would have to be

Spellings can be an issue here with these eastern europeans

Sandro Iashvili - 17 year old at start of game joined Borussia Neunkirchen for 50k from WIT Georgia who managed to get a 10% sell on clause. After scoring 79 goals in 2 seasons in the german lower divisions, he really began to make his name in the Bundesliga and eventually was sold to Real Madrid for 26 million

Ozade Odemwingie - 18 year old Nigerian from Insurance joined Borussia Neunkirchen on the same day as Iashvili.

Anatoli Todorov - Buy This Guy Early if you are in a country that does not mind Foreigners.. The New Marco van Basten in CM Terms

Lasha Chelidze - Rock Solid Defender

Vasilio Liperatelini - Starts off at 14 , Top Class player when he develops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

The best player usually in CM games seems to be gianluca zambrotta (juventus). Usually on the right wing he probably would be best but can play left too and wing back. Wilfred Bouma left back, aimar centre mid, kallstrom centre mid and n'diaye+a few more shaktar players develop into good tralents usually. Freedy Adu is a must buy, think he's free under youth contract.

I picked up Kallstrom for 1.4mill plus some additional fees later in my 04/05 season and he's been pretty crap :/ average rating of 6.8. Played him in an AMC position mostly and now after dropping him for a while im playing him as MC in a 5-3-2 formation. Not much better.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Transfers to Dundalk on CM02-03:
    Adolfo (free)
    Jimmy Davis R.I.P. (free from Man United)
    Liam Miller (free from Celtic)
    Hélder Rosario (free)
    Juan Manuel Simón (free)
    Artur Correia (free)
    Roy Keane (free, £1.5million signing on fee)
    Daniel Westlin (free)
    Clive Delaney (UCD £70k p/x)

My worst were:
    Kevin McHugh (Finn Harps, £250,000)
    Pat Scully (Shamrock Rovers 50k)

finally got round to getting CM4.

wow. I was a tad aprehensive after the demo...wasn't sure about the game a all...
    BUTT

after playing through my first season with Liverpool...brilliant.
    money is kinda toight tho.
    only got €19.5m at the start of the second season.

anyway..worst signing so far...

Dani - €8.5 2 goals in 9(2) last season. unhappi and unwanted by every other team :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by kif
    I picked up Kallstrom for 1.4mill plus some additional fees later in my 04/05 season and he's been pretty crap :/ average rating of 6.8. Played him in an AMC position mostly and now after dropping him for a while im playing him as MC in a 5-3-2 formation. Not much better.

I play him as a defensive central mid. in 4-1-3-2 formation. He's a legend. In the 6 seasons I've had him his stats are impressive. Averages about 7.8 and plays ~ 40 games a season. Also gets about 3 or 4 goals and about 10 assists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

George O'Callaghan CM3, £275,000. from Port Vale
    brought him to liverpool, 3 European players of the year in a row.
    sold him for £35m+ at 28.

roque santa cruz, and denilson are other legends, shifted denilson for 63m to milan

• Advertisement

Just bought Wayne Rooney for 11mill in 07/08 for Sheff Wed. He's only played 1 competitive game so far, but he scored 4 and got 2 assists for Tomi Petrescu against Newcastle (6-1), so i'm optimistic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- i usually play with Oxford;

- Shota Arveladze on a free, good for 30 goals+

- either of Chopra or Ameobi on loan from Newcastle

- bad signing; Rebrov after a good start, a costly drain on a club in administration!

- on the 00/01 version, I played Chelsea w/ a 3/4/1/2 formation,
    Stanic was brilliant along with Leon Knight. Also got Redondo who was class. Crap signings - the lad who injured Beckham before the world cup(can't remember name) adn loads more I can;t remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Best Buy!!! cm3 it has to be Alexandros Papadopoulos

You have to have version 3.9.68.

Cost you as little as 50k, start of game he is 15

at the age of 22
    237 games for millwall, 197 goals

and he never asks for a new contract. 1k a week, he has won world player year once and always top 3 euro strikers for past 4 years.

2 seasons he scored more goals than apperance's + he practicaly never gets injured. In five season i dont think he has been out for more that 2months total and his fitness is second to none

CM4 still..

Andres D'Alessandro [sc] €15 mill at the start of my 3rd season. 6 in 5(1) so far.
    wanted by the top clubs in Europe still! [and I stole him with liverpool!]

[edit]
    and richie partridge turns into quite the lil winger. brill right AM.

and farnerud is absolutely class. Play him on the left AMC in a 4132...brilliant.
    keeps Ronaldinho out....or did last season :)

Best:
    Tomi Petrescu - 1.5mill (after appearances etc). 35 goals and 16 assists in 40 games last season. Now worth 25mill.
    Jay McEveley - Free from Blackburn. Quality defender. Now worth 8mill.

Worst:
    Patrick Kalambay - 4 mill from Sampdoria. 6.4 average to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Best:= MILTON COIMBRA in Championshp manager 00/01 for Chelsea
    He didn't play well with any other club I bought him for

CHERNO SAMBA in championship manager 00/01 for Chelsea
    Brillant everywhere I buy him or if I play as Millwall

FREDDY ADU in CM4 for Bohemians F.C
    14 year Old genius!

Jason Sherlock in CM4 for Bohemians F.C
    We got knocked out in the knock out stages of the champions league
    and he still got Europes top goalscorer

Worst:= Kevin Phillips in Championship manager 00/01 as Blackburn
    I still don't know why he sucked

Bosko Balaban in CM4 for Leicester City
    He loves the **** in a big way

Kevin Tye for Scarborough in CM 99/00
    Don't buy a kepper with 20 on set pieces
    The cons diffeniately outway the pro's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Seeing as I wanted to start at the very bottom, I started off at Exeter :(

Best Signing:

Rober Poulter (GK) (Free from Sheffield Wednesday)
    Put in an offer of 160k for him and got rejected, but then at the end of seaon he didnt do enough to secure a pro contract and picked him up for free. He's only 17, but gets an avg rating of 7.8 . A bit of advice though, try and have a strong defense as he's not the best for 1on1's, but is an excellent shot stopper!!

Worst Signing:

None so far, well apart from the reserves I've tried to nurture into first team football, but cost me games!

schulz2.jpg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

he's a bit of a gem there Mike :)

• Advertisement

you're telling me, i just won the premiership for the first time (in this loadgame) and his value jumped to 41mill... my forward pairing now weighs in at £86m :D

Advertisement