Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Signings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

diego - santos - amc -15m
    freddy adu - free - am/f/c - free
    supat rungratsamee (sp?) - pompey - 500k
    tomi petrescu - cant remember team- 350k
    carlos daniel hidalgo - pasto - 650k
    robinho - santos - sc - 5m
    mikel arteta - mc - rangers - 3.1m
    kapo - auxerre - 4.7m -am/f/rc
    mexes - auxerre - 3m - cb

all are amazing.try and get as many of them as you can in the first season or two (esp adu)

oh yea carlton cole is amazing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

- johannes djorrau (sp) plays with arsenal, he's only a kid and out of contract, put him straight into the centre midfield and he's a legend!! 24 and player of the year 3 years in a row!

- Kim kallstrom obviously

- cherno samba - 30 league goals 2 seasons in a row, 15 england caps and 18 goals

- Ramon Calliste - reserve striker with Man U at the start of the game, turns into a fantastic player year 2, consistently at the top of the goalscoring charts in the prem

- Stipe Pletioska (sp) - goalkeeper, I think he's with Shaktar at the start, you can pick him up for around 5m, probably the best buy you'll make

- Julias Aghahowa - striker with Shaktar, again lethal in front of goal, but very tempermental

- Richie Partridge - pick him up on a free from liverpool when his contract is expiring

- Ricardo Quersma - runs his contract down with Barcelona and you can get him on a free in season 2

almost forgot!!

one more striker, pick him up at the start of the game and you're guaranteed goals

Jairo Fernando Castillo - one word - Predator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I had a nice long reply made out for this thread, went to hit the submit reply button but the server was down and all was lost! I'll be brief, playing with Real Madrid.

Goodies: Puyol, Solari, Zidane, Adu.

Puyol has easily kept Salgado on the bench at DR. Solari initially didn't even get a show in, thanks to injury woes I was forced to play him in midfield. Ever since then he's performed fabulously, running through players and often scoring. Transfer value is at a crazy £27million. Zidane plays MC for me, I ticked the 'Free Role' button, always performs. Adu, great after two season, I must have overplayed him though, he's retired due to injuries!

Baddies: Ronaldo, Cambiasso, Figo, Heirro.

Ronaldo, wah wah wah, never stops complaining, dumped him for £32 million :) Cambiasso, someone recommended him? He played awful for me, sold after first season. Figo, tried him as MR and MC, did ok but nowhere near good enough, sold after first season. Hierro, great stats, prone to a lot of bloopers and under-performances, sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Iago

- Kim kallstrom obviously

Many a Championship manager has been frustrated with under performance from Kim Kallstrom .

• Advertisement

I've started to notice that. Depending on who I'm managing he plays either really well or really badly.

I have him in my Birmingham team at the moment, he's my captain and consistently scoring 9's and 10's

but I know about Frustration!!

Another good player is Ramon Calliste, he's an U19's striker with Man U at the start but if you have a mid table prem team or lower he's lethal up front for you... pick him up for about 100K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

nobody seems to have mentioned dagoberto....3mil....im in 2010 and last season he scored 77 goals in 69 matches an absolute steal at that price...

gamst pederson at 2oddmil is a sure buy....creates so many goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Orri Freyr Oskarrson.

Bought him for 22k from Por in Iceland.. worth 3.9m after one season..

check this out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 darraghmac

i'm still playin cm4 so old players i'm afraid, but the old partnership of lee miller and mark kerr will never let you down to shore up spurs gutless midfield and titchy forward line

isn't makofo the best player ever though? i thought that was pretty much agreed on by now :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by dbfarrell
    nobody seems to have mentioned dagoberto....3mil....im in 2010 and last season he scored 77 goals in 69 matches an absolute steal at that price...

gamst pederson at 2oddmil is a sure buy....creates so many goals
    In my game by 2010 I was managing France and I gave him his first cap aged 27, (Brazil didn't cap him), he's a decent player.

Ben Arfa and Le Tallec were both class for my French squad in that game. Marseille also seem to generate loads of top notch players.

• Advertisement

Mike for the love of God, whos the quote from in your sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

It's Kolo Toure ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Where do you play oskarson?

I play him at right forward :) he's great on the right wing too tho..

my wednesday team so far:

2nd season

Needham is a reserve who rarely plays for me.. I have Omar Daley/Luis Moreira to play in AMC role :)

wednesday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Hey DRakE, I told u who the quote in kaids' sig is and u didnt even thank me.
    That hurts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Drake ,
    How do you find Omar Daley ? I signed him for my Coventry side but he hasn't made any impact at all.

Lionel Morgan is an excellent signing for AML .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I just got Cerci from Roma on a free, after a season and a half he's scored 37 in 51, you're probably saying thats not too good but he usually comes off the bench and hes only 16!!(15 when I bought him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Must have a look at Cerci , what year are you in ? Who you managing ? What Div ?

You can get him from the start, it was in the Scottish League(i know) with Celtic but I still think hes good enough for the Premiership.

Thanks Coyote ;)

Daley was a legend in a former game i played, he's made no impact for my wednesday side yet.. moreira is waaay better anyway, daley is more a reserve amc

• Advertisement

Alan, have you used either of the Shaws in your game? Usually Jon Shaw is a pretty good goal scorer in division 1 or 2, while Matthew Shaw is rubbish. However, I started a new game with Wednesday today and Matthew Shaw has been an absolute monster so far, 11 goals in 8 games, 8 assists, avg rating of 8.70. Richie Partridge has 7 goals and 13 assists in 18 games and an avg rating of 8.50... I think i'll take him off Liverpool permanently once his contract runs out :)

used john shaw for a while but i just had too many great strikers to keep him in the first team.. he wasnt the best :)

rungratsamee/oskarrson/kuhki/hidalgo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Drake ,
    How do you find Omar Daley ? I signed him for my Coventry side but he hasn't made any impact at all.

Lionel Morgan is an excellent signing for AML .

I signed him for Bohemians for 24 k , and he was easily the best player in the Eircom league .

I then signed him for Yokohama F.C. and he was easily the best player in the Japanese J-league 2 .

he's a Jamaican international as well .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by kaids
    Richie Partridge has 7 goals and 13 assists in 18 games and an avg rating of 8.50... I think i'll take him off Liverpool permanently once his contract runs out :)
    They should transfer list him at some stage during his loan and if so you can get him for around 100k or less. If you have to sign him on a free you'll need to stump up £1.5m or so in compensation cos he'll still be 23 or under.

He's absolutely brilliant though in any division.

Originally posted by DapperGent
    They should transfer list him at some stage during his loan and if so you can get him for around 100k or less. If you have to sign him on a free you'll need to stump up £1.5m or so in compensation cos he'll still be 23 or under.

He's absolutely brilliant though in any division.
    £1.3m compensation, and i'd be willing to pay it if i had the money and he was interested... Liverpool have offered him a new contract, presumeably he'll accept :(

Toledo - Brazilian, 22, AM/F RC - Cost: 250K
    Evandro Roncatto - Brazilian, 17, AM/F LC - Cost: 1.1m(could be bought for alot less)
    Leonardo Pisculichi - Argentinian, 19, AM/F LC - Cost: 375K

They're all similar players but can be put in a few different positions and they're really pacey.

And DO NOT buy Gronkjaer, just as inconsistent in the game as in real life and he always moans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 -=S']['OKE=-

To find some of the best midfielders and defenders in the 01/02 game go to some of the Sweedish teams such as, BK Hacken, OIS, and AIK, you will pick up many world class players for such a small fee, MAX is about 2.5million. Petter Hansson 200k now is worth 5.6 million (19 apps 11 goals). Stefan Ichizaki 800k now worth 6.2 million (24 apps 19 goals). This is definatly the best buy in the game, Joao Paiva Aged 18, you pick him up for free at the start of the game, after 1 season he is worth 19 million (25 apps 27 goals) he is a legand!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 -=BARNIE=-

In Champ 4 or 01/02 but works beta in Champ 4 u can get all these Young Gd Players who develop into Superstars after a few Seasons:

Slavisa Jokanovic
    Emile Mpenza (HE ROCKS)
    Joe Cole
    Rodrigo
    Raul Bravo
    Kuffour
    Anderson Polga
    Di Cesare
    Marcos
    Talal El-karkouri
    Scott Parker
    Yobo
    Kapo
    Freddy Adu (LEGEND)
    Silvio Luiz
    Ono
    Mido (SUPERB)
    Paim (LEGEND)

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You know, I have feeling nobody is playing 01/02 except you two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 -=BARNIE=-

You're probally right yunno :dunno:

Advertisement