Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Explorer not opening all pages

Options
  • 20-07-2003 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a problem with my PC. I have Internet Explorer 5.5 on a ME system. Internet explorer has stopped opening up the full website. Is does open a comple of website, then it just stops opening the full site. I have also notice when you go to windows explorer, the panel listing drives, etc will show up, but the right panel (hard drive, dvd drive) doesnt show up?
    I think that Windows is corrupting?? I havent re-install windows for...too long. Does anyone have other fixes except re-installing?

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

If the problem has only started happening recently and you're brave enough, see if you have any system restore points on the computer. Try going back a week or so.

Use at own risk. A lot of people tend to have probs using it. Backup important files first.

The best advice is to get that ME crap off your machine :P
    Reinstalling might be the best option anyway. If i were you i'd put 98SE on there. If it can handle it, try XP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

Have u tried scanning with an up to date antivirus ?

If that does not solve the problem then u will have to reinstall.

ME is a bag of s**t.

U may either try and see if u have all the service packs or failing that just use a new O/s.

Hope this helps :D
    g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Did you install any Internet Explorer updates recently? I've seen this cause exactly what you describe, and also break javascript in many ways.

Only solution I've found was to upgrade IE to the next version (in your case 6) or re-install your OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭marrakesh

Update Internet explorer to a later version service pack everything a good defrag and she will be grand..

On some versions of IE / Windows go inside control panel and selecting IE and clicking add / remove lists a repair option use that repair option it works wonders to IE>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 goku1981

Try deleting the temp internet files and cookies in IE properties, or restore defaults on the advanced tab. If that doesnt work, reinstall IE-upgrade it to 6. Or wipe that ME cack off your arse....

• Advertisement
Advertisement