Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Games For Xbox Out Now?

Options
  • 20-07-2003 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the best games for XBOX out now. Thanx..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Grim Sage

I'd go with Halo (Fun game singler shoot the **** outa stuff, play it co-op on hard :D ) when ur done u'll be wanting Halo2, coming soon)

Time Spliters 2 (shoot em up action/time travell'n and stuff, bacicly Goldeneye from n64, lots of extras and sub games)

Splinter Cell (good game if you liked MGS/spy covert ops hiding bodies and things)

Dead Or Alive (beat em up, no where near as many extras on the PS2 but good gfx and some cool lookin moves/levels, probably better for playing with others)

Thats all i can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

In addition to the ones mentioned, a couple that I have been playing recently...

Return to Castle Wolfenstein :- not a bad fps, the graphics are quite good, the level design excellent and it pretty atmospheric. If I had broadband I would be delira' :rolleyes:

Tiger Woods 2003:- played this to death (achieved 100% yay!!) and still go back to it. I think it is a magnificent game...

Also Championship Manager is also really great and will get you in the mood for the footie season...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

In playin brute force at the mo and soldier of fortune 2 double helix (also good), some of the older ones like munches and and project gotham racing are pretty decent as well.

the one im holding out for though is Knights of the old republic, wont be out for another month or 2 SIGH

Shin

oh and lest I forget (Which i did)

HALO

Which i think ill go and have a blast on now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah! don't get SOF 2 it's pure muck. Especially with Halo on the fatbox. Also RTCW isn't worth the money unless you have Xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

project gotham racing rocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Anyone know much about Project Zero. The idea of the game is sound but I haven't played it. Is it worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

While Project Zero isn't an essential purchase, at least its doing something different than most titles are (although it gains inspiration from Pokemon Snap).
    But by creating such a different, obscure title, Temco must think were numbnuts? C'mon, Japanese games are the pinnicle of the industry - its the main location where fresh game ideas originate.

Project Zero gets a 80% average over 27 reviews at www.gamerankings.com (as Fatal Frame). You can gain more information from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Unknown
    C'mon, Japanese games are the pinnicle of the industry - its the main location where fresh game ideas originate.

but that doesnt mean they are good though, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

Tiger Woods 2003 is awesome. Very addictive.

Halo, of course.

Fifa 2003 is quality, but I'd wait for 2004, it'll be better.

Splinter Cell is fantastic, first time through. Not re-playable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Wouldn't bother with Project Zero. Silent hill 3 would be a much better option. Proj Zero is one of these japanese games taht sold well over there and put on the market to see how it fares, primarily cause of lack of res evil on ps2. Games manufacturers reckon consumers are a pack of numbnuts.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, really. But you seem to have missed out on the fact that Project Zero is possibly the best, and certainly the scariest, horror game ever made. On any console. Ever.

And they're making a sequel, yay! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

At the moment Brute Force, Midtown madness 3, RTCW and Moto GP 2 have all sucked me in. I dont have live, but all i can say is that Moto GP2, Wolf and MM3 must be class online, because its already class offline. I have Wolf for the PC but there are new Missions and the new Co-op is kool, so its worth getting (and it'll be even better if u have Live)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

is Return to Castle Wolfenstein the same on the Xbox as the pc version or is it different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

a Couple New Levels in Wolf on Xbox, It has a Co-op mode, but only get it if u have Live cuz the single Player can get a bit Naff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only thing you need to know about wolf on the xbox is that it is as woeful in single player as the PC ever was and as sublime in multiplayer as the PC game was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Brute Force is pretty good, though very linear (even with the 4 character options). Great Eye candy though.
    BloodRayne's fun too (especially with the extra gib and Juggy modes activated :), okay so I have a mental age of 12).
    Actually I just started playing an oldie, Gun Valkyrie, and once you get used to the controls it's brilliant (but too easy to ignore if you don't spend an hour or 2 on it, once you master the controls though it's a masterpiece of fast action), well worth a look especially since it's now on budget release.

And as everyone mentioned, Halo. It's so replayable (I think I've finsihed it single and in co-op now about 7 times, and I normally never replay games).

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

there's a few non exclusives that need to be mentioned

nightfire - i just love it on the xbox

burnout 2 - you get some extra levels on the xbox version, nothing beats the crash mode :D

i just got knights of the old republic - looks nice but i'm not sure if i'm ready for an rpg right now

red faction 2 is pretty nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

without a doubt, halo is a must....

splinter cell is brilliant, im playing it for the second time and it's just as good.

FIFA 2003 is in the classic range now for €30.. not a bad buy.. 2004 will be out in october though... i'd personally wait for it to come out... multiplayer in 2003 is great craic though...

Project Gotham Racing is great craic as well... good arcadey type racing...

MOTO GP on xbox live is a good laugh as well.... never really liked motorbike games but it is quality...

haven't played brute force but i hear its quality alright...

For all those xbox owners that didn't buy Panzer Dragoon Orta: Shame on you.

For gods sake its great and you get Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Red Yama

Any hardcore rpg heads shouldn't ignore Morrowind. DOA 3 is an excellent fighting game. Genma Onimusha is quite cool as well, basically RE with swords with a bit of Devil May Cry mixed in (and its only €20). If you haven't already played Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for PS2 get it as it is a great coop game, as is Hunter: The Reckoning. Another little gem is Phantom Crash, a Japanese mech game not without its flaws but quite addictive due to the amount of custom parts etc.

PS
    Elmer how did you get KOTOR so early? Last I heard it's not out till september here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

when u unlock the original panzer it ruins any mystique the saturn had, it's like starfox with less colours (the snes version), but back in the day it was OH|SO|COOL

I think the saturn still has some mystique left. It still has more classic, rare, japanese and expensive games than any muppet games collector (like me :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

nah, panzer was good, but after playing orta for a while, the tint on the glasses is turned up to scarlet, then u unlock the original and it's like "this ain't how I remembered it o_O"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    For all those xbox owners that didn't buy Panzer Dragoon Orta: Shame on you.

For gods sake its great and you get Panzer Dragoon as an unlockable game.
    PDO was alright. It got really boring after the first few levels.
    And OMFG how can anyone NOT think project zero is anything but a classic?!? Scariest game EVER. No arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

Originally posted by Red Yama

PS
    Elmer how did you get KOTOR so early? Last I heard it's not out till september here. [/B]

it's out in the us - it's ntsc - haven't had much of a chance to play it yet though

Advertisement