Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Woes

• 21-07-2003 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have a Microsoft Optical Intelli Mouse (intelli my ass!) which seems to be dying.

Every so often the pretty little light at the bottom flickers, then switches off completely and the mouse ceases to function. The computer freezes for a few seconds, then i get a blue screen stating the system is busy. Pressing the any key brings me to another delightfully blue screen which says the system is unstable. Pressing the any key again brings of the close program box with something called msgrv32 not responding. The mouse will not work at all after this unless i restart the computer.

Any ideas what the problem is, and if it can be fixed? I have the latest mouse driver program from our buddies microsoft but I'm guessing its still a software problem.

P.S. Without any mouse and an unfortuate encounter with the backspace key this has taken about 20 mins to post! :(

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ah, the lovely Intelli Mouse problem. We've two of the optical ones here in the house and both of them have suffered the same problem of going on and off. Dodgy cable. It seems to break internally on the mouse end. The only way to fix it AFAIK is to open her up, cut the cable a few inches away from the mouse and solder them back into the mouse. Not to be tried if you're not proficient with a soldering iron.

The crashing seems to be windows having a problem with the constant plugging in and out of the mouse that the dodgy cable emulates.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

if its a cordless one, i found that some batteries do not fit exactly and the mouse can flicker and stop functioning unless you get bigg aa batteries like duracell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Optical mice only last ~18 months I think.
    It could be less (I read that on boards aaaages ago)

How old is yours?

Advertisement