Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Game

Options
  • 21-07-2003 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,
    I just ordered a new laptop(3.06Ghz, 64MB ATI Radeon 9000)
    And i want to get a good game to test out it's capabilities!
    Maybe GTA3 or new Toca racing game,

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Gabbo

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Emulators, roms, joypad, hook up laptop to TV, et voila! an arcade in your home. Other than that Warcraft 3. Unreal 2 is a great system benchmark but it's a bit crap. I wouldn't buy it unless it's cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you havn't played either gta3 or vice city before, i'd definitely go for vc...
    i just got it myself a couple of days ago & all i can say is OMFG!
    after the initial nigh on non stop 24 hour session i came to the conclusion that this is the best game ever.
    gta3 is still good, just not as good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The best game ever phase will wear off after a while. However there isn't a game as good as Vice City on the PC at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Devastation is a good singleplayer game with lots of nice shiny things and exploding rats :)

www.devastationgame.com/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you like RTS have a look at Rise of Nations.

Have a look a game websites such as (er...) http://www.gameire.com/ or http://www.eurogamer.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

how much ram??

give battlefield a go. it can look great if you've got the right gear. also maybe try army ops, maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have the same spec'd laptop. Command and Conquer: Generals will test that bad boy out if you nuke a base with 3 nukes..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

get gta3 and clear it first, then go for vc. then you get two good games and you go wow when you move up to vice city, otherwise it will seem like a step back if you go vc to gta3.

anyway batlefield is a must, i like jedi oiutcast 2 myself. i like ut2003 myself, others don't.
    how much did that beast ofa laptop cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    Devastation is a good singleplayer game with lots of nice shiny things and exploding rats

ugh devastation was atrocious imo. horribly bugged - the only vaguely amusing thing was the rats and the enormous amount of weapons....

Originally posted by weemcd
    get gta3 and clear it first, then go for vc. then you get two good games and you go wow when you move up to vice city, otherwise it will seem like a step back if you go vc to gta3.
    very good point, ignore my suggestion.
    unless all you want the game for is visuals, in which case go for vice city...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Battlefield is possibly the greatest game ever made and its mods are just as good.You simply have to get it.

My machine is running it at 100+ fps and all maxed out gfx settingsat 1280x1024 32 bit and it looks stunning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

no matter how good your pc is you should still get half-life and deus ex. they might not be up to much visually anymore, but no games collection is complete without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gabbogalway

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply.
    I have 512 DDR Ram. The laptop cost €1800 (also got a DVD+RW)
    It's a Dell 5150. Havent got it yet-will be end of the month.
    Thanks for all the suggestions, cant really afford to get two games after buying the laptop! :p
    BF 1942 is what I'm leaning towards, I prob wont be playing multiplayer, is it still a good one player- Either that or GTA VC.

Thanks´

Gabbo

go for vc if its singleplayer fun you're after, bf1942 is seriously lacking in that department from what i've seen.
    if i could marry a game, vc would be my bride tbh:)

Bf1942 maybe brilliant in multiplayer but is a dodgy single player game. Go for the GTA games.

Good luck in the future with your new wife tman!

i though you would marry me eventually!!

Please don't tempt me (swoon).:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you want a single player experience, go for Vice City, its deadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

n64 roms tbh

besides that ut2003 and Quake3

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Please don't tempt me (swoon).:D

i was talkin to tman, you dont like me and i dont like you!

• Advertisement

I don't like you. I love you. Leave tman behind you (its like an episode of melrose place).

Advertisement