Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official sony ps2 remote control

Options
  • 21-07-2003 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Since getting my ps2 some months ago I have noticed that the dvd playback is jumpy and the screen freezes occasionally.

I am told that if you buy the official sony dvd remote you get a software update that corrects this problem and adds extra dvd functionality. Has anyone purchased this and noticed an improvement?

Also is the ps2 dvd player multiregion or can it be made to play American dvds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

theres like a Version 2.0 DVD drivers on a CD/DVD that u get in the yellow box with the remote.

theres extra features like a shuttle search for DVD which (i think)wasnt on the original DVD in built program.

its an improvement and worth it if u have a lot of DVD's, update takes up 4mb of your Memory card (most ppl have @ least two MC's) but that much is excessive.

If yur DVD playback is skipping/Freezing u prob need to clean the disc, or u can buy little compressed air clearers for computers and if u give the PS2 a good once over blast ,u should see no more probs. If any dust builds up on the disc tray of yur PS2 u'll have DVD skips/freezes.

As far as i know the PAL region PS2's (Euroland) wont play US (region 1) DVD, dont think the PS2 is region free DVD, its same as the games -PAL only(same for all consoles)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Skipping, etc indicates, as Corben Dallas has said, dirty laser, or at worst, it may be misaligned?

PS2 can be made multiregion with a hardware modification or easier, just get DVD RegionX (made by Datel I think, and there are others) which you put into PS2, select DVD region, and then remove disc at the prompt and insert DVD. Region X will also play R1 DVD's with RCE (Region Coding Enhancement) ;)

Advertisement