Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Variety Show

Options
  • 21-07-2003 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭

It was pretty average in the most part, but then I witnessed the single greatest performance of my time in ctyi.
    Guitarist, Bassist, Bongos and Piano.
    Doing improv jazz for 8 minutes.
    It was breathtaking. There's no other way to describe it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Yes, no man sex in study indeed.

Ah yeah, Alex and Jerome were doing that I think, i wasn't at it tho.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

And now i'm being held back in study because I copied some prolog off the guy next to me.
    I mean seriously, I don't have the faintist clue how to make

np(Pers,Num,Case) --> pro(Pers,Num,Case).
    np(3,Num,Case) --> det(Num),n(Pers,Num,Case).
    np(3,Num,Case) --> n(Pers,Num,Case).

vp(Pers,Num) --> v(trans,Per,Num), np(WhateverPers, WhatNum, WhatCase).
    vp(Pers,Num) --> v(intrans,Pers,Num).

apply to

translate([],[]).
    translate([Head|Tail],[Y|Y1]) :- sentence(Head, Y), translate(Tail,Y1).

sentence(the,le).
    sentence(king,roi).
    sentence(sees,voit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Teehee. Macdara the cheat. Tsks all round. Nobody who reads this forum will ever look at you the same again. Y'know that? Plagurist.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Ahhhh... Prolog!! The easiest module of second year. Well Logic that is.

Doing that in Computational Linguistics? Surely not in CompApp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Yeah its Computational Linguistics.
    And now is our last class.
    Tut tut macdara who did you copy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭stevanavich

does it count as coping if i gave it to him?

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Ok,wus it just me that thought the RTE sketch wus good? I mean,i know i wus in it,but NEED FEEDBACK PEOPLE!!!!

yeah it was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭malecO

Kicked Ass Duddy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 alucard

I love you McDara. You rock my pants. you too steven. you too garóg. Everyone rocks my pants.

Except Simon. Simon no longer rocks my pants.

Right, u have to tel me hu u r so i can personly thank you for that lie!!!! Although the bongos is kinda a give away,esp since one looks better than the other,is that JAZZ MUSIC i hear? god,hope its hu i thought it was,otherwise iv made a foolv meself,more than usual!!!! that include the miniskirt days of saturday and sunday.....:eek:

Lie? who are you? you crazy fool

Nope,rong person...****,dam rigamortis settin in again............................................................there we go.

Who are you Duddy. How do you know that i am ythe wrong person? Maybe I am the right person pretending to be the wrong person.

FOOL!

Duddy!!!!b u dont know duddy!!!!! Duddy cant help talking about himself in the 3rd person!!!!! Duddy is otherwise known(to a small majority) as Ciaran McFadden!!!!! If u were at the variety show u may remember me in the miniskirt,and lets face it,not many people will forget THAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Can ask I why i don't rock your pants any more?

if Dalamar = simon d then the reason that you no longer rock my pants is because you hate me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Hmmm.

Hmmmmm? what does that mean?

If you are simon and you wear Fire boots then you no longer rock my pants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Don't worry duddy, your sketch was brilliant :)

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! FAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!! Gods i can see broadway already,mr.deville,im ready for my close-up! Nehu u haf tay stop with the rock ur pants thing,havnt senn so much rocking & panting since i walked in on garog and stephen,il leave it 2 ur imagination,(Garog ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this big!) anyhu pleez xpalin the pants thing or i may haf to destroy u all in a blaze of anger and miniskirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Possibly the best part of duddys sketch has 2 be my ingenious ideas and amazing delivery of drug related humour.

Seriously duddy u were great. and a miniskirt suits you. (shudder)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

And what of those crazy kids singing 'All Along the Watchtower?' Let us not forget the first act! What did everyone think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Peterfing
    And what of those crazy kids singing 'All Along the Watchtower?' Let us not forget the first act! What did everyone think?
    Just because of your shameless self promotion, I'm going to say it sucked. ( I can't even remember most of the music acts that night. I can remember About A Girl because I know the singer outside of ctyi, and because of the dubes/decks screaming afterwards.)

ahh the singing.... pity about the ras though...the girl playing piano and singin "imagine" was brill though... did everyone hear bout the reunion on the 30th august? its prob plastered all over the otha boards but i didnt look... and the drug related jokes were the best...yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Course it was the best duddy, I came up with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

That talent show was pretty cool!

*BONGO BOY and the Groovy Jazz was inspirational, I agree!*
    *Emmas dance, Very close to my heart... almost changed my sexuality!*
    *Aisling on Piano.. Wow!*
    *Duddy in a skirt.. nobody is quite sure what that did to their sexuality? But Go U mr McFadden, you rock! And Judy.... verrrrry impressive.. go check ur family twee! shes in there somewhere, mrs gilheaney*
    *ELECTRIC GUITARS... thats all that need be said. wow*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

the best part of the talent show was, quite frankly, how sexy did aisling k (not aisling on the piano. there was soem confusion about this) look dressed in a suit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement