Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Esat have a place where i can check how much ive downloaded?

Options
  • 21-07-2003 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this was asked before...if so just lock it.

Im just wondering does IOL bband have a place like Eircom where i can check how much ive downloaded or not?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Dont think so

Your best bet is to get a Bandwidth monitor

Do a google on it and it should bring up a few. Wont do you much good for this month though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

Thats crazy of them...gotta go complain about that. Otherwise how would they know how much im downloading?

me thinks hard about this...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

www.dumeter.com will measure what u download/upload plus there is a timer with it as well for all us on 180 hours packages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Im sure they have someway of keeping track of what youve dwnloaded but they dont have a way for you to access that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Yes IOL BB does have a meter where you can view your BB activity; it's linked from http://broadband.iol.ie/usage. Got my modem today, username will be live tomorrow morning, so I can't wait till 2morrow nite to have BB once again at home.

• Advertisement

Sly Bastards...:rolleyes:

thanks for that link man. Apparently im not recognised as a user...once again i ponder whether this is a good thing or not?

Use and abuse? Or throw caution to the wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ya that link doesnt work for me either

I cant register for emails or webspace either

and the line is slow as **** after 3 or 4

Your line right now is **** is it? I had it for like 20 minutes where it wudnt download ANYTHING...is this a permanent problem for you after 4pm? I suppose...give me a week and ill give a detailed account of this service...

well i sure as hell consider speeds of up to 4kbs down to 600bs ****

and for the last around ohhhhh 5 days it has been

• Advertisement

Are you serious? What ya gonna do about it? Have you been on to them? Thats very poor...

I was downloading excellently all day...just the last hour or so its started acted up...it wont let me download stuff too well

ohh lets not forget the lag time where talking whole seconds that the connection stops dead while trying to d/l pages

D/l speed,s of up to a max of 8kbs and even thats not stable
    Webpage d/l of as low as 125bs (and thats not un normal)

pings are still good though :rolleyes:

Thats outrageous...are you gonna stick with it? Have you complained?

no i havent yet i was giveing them a few days to make sure it wasnt a temp problum.......... and it does seem to be a bandwith problum

i know i signed up to a service with 48:1 rato but i wont pay for a service more than 10 times slower than 56k

i will be sending a email later on to them and complaning

oh ye definitely...i bet there pulling a cheap one until they get all the customers on then they will turn on all the servers or whatever the hell gives out bandwith..!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭crowbar

that's almost exactly what happened to istream on Saturday - good ping times but hell slow dls. they're probably patching their network to overcome a Cisco bug that emerged last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

Thanks for the link patrickmooney.

Biz, 50, did you try your username without the @iolbb? It didn't work for me until I removed it.

M03

Ye did it both ways. Just says "Error - no such user":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Works fine for me.

Ciarán.

Ye its bloody Zone alarm pro that was blocking me. I got it sorted though....really happy now. Yay!

• Advertisement
Advertisement