Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discworld Deathmatch

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Chowley

I have to say some of those matchups are really bad.

Its like having Brazil v. Argentina
    Spain v. Italy
    Turkey v. South Korea :rolleyes: :p
    In the first round of the world cup!

whats the second round going to be like?

Japan v. Ireland
    New Zealand v. Australia
    Trinidad and Tobago v. Canada

Christ man, good of you to put in all the effort but a little bit of thought would have been nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Chowley has a point, I mean what chance does Gaspode really have against the Death of Rats, come on, he's not even really alive in the first place.

If your going to put in ontropomorphic fighters, you'd have to put in differant classes. Cause otherwise death will always win in the end.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I don't mind either way but I like the line up, maybe the first few rounds could be decided by discussion then when we get to the last 8 or 16 we can start polling?

If no one disagrees with my evaluation of the first round maybe we could proceed to round two and someone else could make the suggestions for who wins?:)

As for Death, maybe he faces Fate early on and gets knockerd out? Could Death be defeated by Fate?

Note that one or two of my decisions where based on TKO (Life Detritus Vs Angua)

Even if Death could be defeated by Fate, it still makes it pointless. If you include onthropomorphic personifications with everyone then they're goin to win, so there's no point including anyone else. We might as well just skip along to the final four right now in that case, and save us all some time and argument.

Ah yes but maybe someone else can defeat their Fate? Maybe Carrots fate was to be King but he has defeated it?
    And hasn't Rincewind cheated death and every opurtunity?

In a one off battle maybe these anthropomorphic personifications can be defeated.

I had Reg defeat Pestilence in my list so I think it is possible.:)

Rincewind may have cheated Death a lot, that doesn't mean Death won't defeat him in the end. Just that it will take a while. As for the rest, so someone defeated there fate one, does that mean they can't die from pestilance, war or just plain Death. One of those four, or even Kaos will always win, because, in the end, they have more power than Gods. How do you kill Death? etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

How about dice rolls, which we attach stories to at the next boards.ie piss up?

The Network execu-bots would love it at the least i'd say.

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    Rincewind may have cheated Death a lot, that doesn't mean Death won't defeat him in the end. Just that it will take a while. As for the rest, so someone defeated there fate one, does that mean they can't die from pestilance, war or just plain Death.

All true, but this is a one off battle, so it is possible for Death to be defeated (If only for a while). As I said before I think we should get it down to 8 or 16 and then start to vote. If you don't like the outcomes I described put in some of your own (At least that discussion might liven this place up);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by Havelock
    How about dice rolls, which we attach stories to at the next boards.ie piss up?

I actually like this idea we could do this for the tougher opponants like death and fate and so on

i do concede that people like fate and death in the deathmatch are increadibly hard to beat but if you can suggest 32 of the most popular charachters from the discworld that arent really really easy to kill then go right ahead thats the point of having death and the like in this thing as i've always wondered how'd death do in a scrap,

also the matches were randomly drawn from a hat i didnt actually decide these matches in my head otherwise the draws would be alot fairer, and thats the way they'll go all the way to the finals.

mabye the last 8 people left (last 3 fights) we'll do polls alright but the first few rounds we'd better discuss or roll dice so something cos i dont really want to get banned from discworld thread for that

so far the most logical idea seems that we decide ourselves or roll dice??? what say you?

Decide ourselves, the discussion is all part of the fun

Meh, why not just throw the final 32 into a cap in that case, and draw out the final 8? Save sometime, and we can get onto long discussions and polls much, much faster that way. No? ww)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Carrot Vs Dorfl - Carrot (Gets Cst. Visit to discuss religion with Dorfl, Dorlf fails to show)

Dorfl is too patient for that and not like he'll die of old age anytime soon.
    Most Golems are kinda tough and Dorfl is not made of clay.
    You could make a ranking table based on known results - see how they do against a common adversary...

So far the Gods haven't won against Cohen or Dorlf....

Advertisement