Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwers Meet in CIT Cork, Saturday 26th July 10 am.

Options
  • 21-07-2003 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi everyone,

First congrats to Jenny O'Sullivan on a new National Record in the Javelin 48.04 and to Rachel Akers on a new National Junior Record in the Hammer 55.30m.

Anyone who's interested in the multi throws meet in Cork on Saturday please mail me back to confirm numbers (I have to get medals).
    As with last time it's 15 euro entry fee for the day, do as many events as you want to do, all participents get a boxed medal. Any profit from the event will go towards buying equipment for the ITC.

The events are:

Shot, discus, hammer, javelin, weight - throws pentathlon
    56lb WFD, 56lb hammer, 35lb hammer
    56lb Putt, 35lb Putt
    Greek Discus, Goulding Hammer
    Super Heavy Weight Throw.

Check-in is at 10, we'll be making up the running order on the day based on the numbers who turn up. Colm & Catherine can't make it so we're short some equipment and two officials. I'm injured so I'll officiate for the day, any other volunteers?

The equipment we need is:

Heavy Hammer for the pentathlon
    35lb Hammer for normal style
    35lb weight for putting
    1 of the goulding hammers (of the 3 I have one, Murty Kelly has one, can someone make sure he brings it?)

Basically if you are coming bring everything you have, we can get shots, hammers, discoi and javelins at the track.

Does anyone know who might have the heavy hammers? I don't know if Patsy Conboy and Eddie Mulcahy are coming, they're the two most likely to have them though.

If you're interested in staying down for a few pints Saturday night let me know, we could book dinner for 8pm and continue on from there.

If you have a video camera please bring it, Leo's had a good idea, if we have plenty of cameras we can send the best footage to RTE/TV3/TG4 to try and get interest in the National Champs in September.

Tim
    thrower@eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

To Confirm top throwers including polymians will be at cork summer throws fest ! also special t-shirts will be on sale and possibillity of a TV slot !

Advertisement