Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ppl with 125cc bike

Options
  • 21-07-2003 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

here are my details :
    24yrs old
    provisional liceance
    Dublin
    Fully comp

was quoted 3000(approx) for a 125cc
    I was messing around with hibernian quoteing sytem#and next year I hope to have
    Full Liceance
    1 year no claims
    Dublin
    fully comp

the online line says : 950 fully comp

is it really that much of an decrease??

or am I missing something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Theres a huge loading for being under 25.
    Theres a huge loading for having a provisional.

knock them both on the head and it looks a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I did something similar on the hib website recently. I'm 22 and it wouldnt quote me for a load of bikes, including the one im currently driving! Go figure.. I have hibernian insurance!?!

Anyway, put in that I was a 25 year old with a full A license (which I have thank god) and it told me that I could drive any bike for €937 fully comp.

That's assuming I dont have a claim; keeping my 4 years NCB.

Damn 40% increase.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I assume that quote is for fully comp?

I got my insurance this year, just one month before the increase, and am dreading next year. Currently on 125, group 2, 21 yo, 1 years NCB, prov licence, and pay €2200 TPO.

Next year I hope to have a full licence, and have undergone the Ignition course for bikes. I also hope to have a different bike, but in the same group so that makes no difference.

In theory, that should all reduce my premium by about 35%. Hmmmm....by me and my brother's calculations, my premium will increase by around 5% next year :rolleyes: - that's if they don't raise premiums again. Which is unlikely.

So I may just pester Carol Nash, come renewal time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

just be a little wary of carole nash, they tend to quote u just a little less than what u tell them u have been quoted
    also my mate has been with them since 4 years now with no claims, hes 22, full licence and drivin a fazer400 which costs him 1900, however hes a bit bored of it, and wants a 600, he asked for a quote on a gsxr600 and they told him they probably wouldnt insure him till hes 30 on it!
    i know people who are insured on gsxr1000's and r1's at 20 with aon, and im plannin on goin for a 750 or 1000 next year when im 23, certainly wouldnt be waitin till 30, they told me id have to wait till 24 with carole nash to get a 400 or an rs250, which aon will happily insure me on now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

i rang carols nash for a quote on a 200cc vespa out of curiosity

now i only have my bike a few months and i got my insurance through the dealer- they use aon

25, provisional, 200cc bike living in dublin

third party was just over €700 which seems ok to me

when i rang carole nash they told me they normally only deal with bigger bikes

and quoted me over 800 and get this... i asked the girl how much of a difference a full licence would mean

she said i'd save a massive 11 euro

i mean whats the story?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Carole nash make a point of saying that they don't load on licences, so she should have told you there would be no difference at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

...and Hibernian only load 15% on provisionals, considerably less than their loading on car drivers.

Rymus, you neglected to mention that those wonderful quotes you were getting are country-based. Not a rats chance in hell of getting same figures in Dublin.

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Rymus, you neglected to mention that those wonderful quotes you were getting are country-based. Not a rats chance in hell of getting same figures in Dublin.

Ahh yes of course.. rates are for the real capitol, not the centre of the universe

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

...and Hibernian only load 15% on provisionals, considerably less than their loading on car drivers.

I cannot find the link to back this up, but loading for a provisional licence is 35%. I've just checked this on the Hibernian Direct website Hibernian Direct website

This came up recently (May 2003) with MAG Ireland. There had been a report in the Indo. Check this

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

hit the reply button too soon.

What I should have said was that I submitted my own details on the Hibernian Direct site changing the licence type from provisional to full and price drops from 1266 to 932 saving 334 quid which is 35.8% of 932.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Yeah I think that changed in July, used to only be 15% which was no real incentive to pass the test. Better off being bigger.

there are no real incentives to do anything anymore in Ireland... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Yeah I think that changed in July, used to only be 15% which was no real incentive to pass the test. Better off being bigger.

To do the test you have to pay the insurance. 15% is a perfectly adequate loading, too much and you prevent a lot of people from being able to afford the insurance to do the test.

Advertisement