Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Players Thread [Sticky]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yea, Leandro Lima is a real talent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Peadar85

Carlo Ferri from Roma. Young Left back. Got him for around 2M. He's a full international for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Probably been mentioned but Aguero is a goal machine. Cost me his buyout of over £30m but worth every penny.
    Saviet is a great signing too, get him on a free by the second season most of Europe is after him.
    Menez is another one, cost me £10m but I handled it badly, became a great left winger for me before I sold him on for £25m because he was unsettled about something.
    Carlos Vela is quality as well, scores loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Truther

Dunno if already mentioned...

Sidnei - Defender 18 years old. Train him up for a season. Turns out to be an excellent defender, every team will want him
    Donilinho - Excellent cheap attacking midfielder
    Freddy Guarin - Get him for about 1mil, worth 20mil next season
    Daniel Bierofka - Attacking Midfielder, Worth about 500k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Rene mihelic, 18 year old maribor midfileder, bought for 200k. I was praised for finding such an unknown talent \o/

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gomez, goalkeeper at Racing. 52 years old. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Kenan Kodro, 14 yrs Old at Real Sociedad B. Unreal talent, already made an appearance for Bosnia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ha'way the Lads

I am Ajax manager and I won the treble ( league,champions league and dutch cup) and this is somethin i've never done before and i have about 4 players who basically won it themselves.

Rodrigo Palacio- Boca - 2.5 mil He is UNBELIEVABLE you Must buy him 20 goals in league, best player ofthe season 7.69, best player in the champions league 7.93 and 11 goals. He is now worth 13.5 mil wanted by everyone.

Klaas Jan Huntelaar he is klaass and was top scorer in league.

Ever Banega- Boca - 4.5 mil- Yes THE Ever Banega. H is amazing, the true definition of a wonderkid.

Aaron Hunt - Werder Bremen- 3.2 mil f***ing moody but f***ing class up front or on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JoeBish

Managed Newcastle for 4 seasons, won everything with them except Champions League. Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins are two awesome players. Obafemi is definitely the better of the two - worth 25 million in 2010 netting 28 goals. Was fired by them after 5 games in 2010/2011. Hired by Spurs and won the treble with them. Defoe is absolutely quality.. Had signed Berbatov while at Newcastle so that was a setback but Darren Bent proved to be excelent netting 25 goals in the season, topping Defoe (22).

Signed Yury Zhirkov for 4.5million and he ended up getting European Player of the Year. Anderson and Hargreaves on a free that season too.. Anderson is a machine in the midfield. Definitely worth a look.

Remember this 2010/2011 - 2011/2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭scholes19

completely agree with you Joe, Andersonis quality after several seasons!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Emanuele Calaio from Napoli is a goal machine he's been top scorer in Serie A for the last two seasons and is leading them again.

I'll post more in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rubber Johnny

Do ye not find coming on here and looking at every good player takes away from the challenge?

Theres a scouting system for that purpose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Do ye not find coming on here and looking at every good player takes away from the challenge?

Theres a scouting system for that purpose.

I find the scouting system becomes incredibly boring after a while, even with the best scouts they still only turn up the same players after a while. they become particularly ineffective as well when you're about 10 seasons in and all the game is just regens.

if anything this kind of exchange of information is closer to the real world systems anyway. all scouting systems will depend on some element of word of mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bazfitz

Affelay from PSV is brilliant. Get him. Won't cost that much. Do not buy Defoe. He doesn't score enough goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I got Terry Dixon for free in my first season at Watford and he did very well playing the second striker role for me. Got up through the playoffs and he has been playing well in the Prem. He improves rather quickly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Daniel Sturridge is available on a free from Man City after 1 season in FM 09. Great player who developes quickly.

THis thread is great :)

Danke

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mastermichael20

Alan Dzagoev........thats all you need, CSKA Moscow,unbelievable player,18yrs and also yuri zhirkov.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

ronan Mcentaggert from drogh's utd and milos reljic from red star belgrade they will develop into world class players:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 robbo88

fm 2009
    sergio asenjo gk valladolid 7.5mil
    mamadou sakho dc psg 10mil
    ignacio camacho cm atletico 13mil
    marquinious am rlc fc palmeiras 7.5mil
    keirrison fc palmeiras 5.5mil
    walter fc internacional 5mil
    frederico fazio dc sevilla 10mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

now in my 7th season with sunderland in fm08- won 4 straight leagues, 2 champions league, 2 fa cup and a league cup.

henri saivet from bordeaux is pure quality. bought him for 2.4m and 3 years later worth 38m, scoring over 30 goals 3 seasons running and only 22 years old!

daniel heidrich- bought from shalke for 400k when he was 17, 3 years later sold him to deportivo for 44.5m, central midfield, next steve gerrard.

danielle conti from roma turns into a quality left winger. have to pay about 7m to get him tough.

hans beijer- dutch striker similar to van nisterlerooy

gregory lavie- bought him from barcelona for 6m when we was 18. to years later in the first team scores 19 goals from 24 apperances only started 11 of those.

my squad:

gk- craig gordon
    rb- verdan corluka
    lb-thomas vermaelan
    cb-per mertersacker
    cb- naldo
    rm- irome
    lm- conti
    cm- rafeal van der vaart
    amf- robin van persie
    cf- henri saviet
    cf- karim benzema

bench:
    robbie keane
    hennie jacobs
    paolo pincio
    gregory lavie
    hans beijer
    gareth barry
    david maithis
    ryan taylor
    daniel ollson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yannick Djálo has been unreal for my Valencia team in FM10.
    Villa has been on brilliant form this season-9 games, 11 goals, 1 assist, 3 motm.
    He got injured for 5 weeks and I thought "Ah balls heres my season gone", so I had no option but to play Djálo. He's formed a great partnership with Mata, he's played 3 games, scored 5 goals, 1 assist and 2 motm. Got him for €9.25million at the beginning of the second season from Sporting Lisbon. His stats don't look great, but he's a good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Jonathan - Brazilian RB. Grab him for 3-4 million and sells for 15 in two seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

FM 2010

Nelson Valdes. Got top scorer in the Bundesliga with him :D 22 goals in 31 games and 9 assists...he's great,great pace,can cut in from the sides too and set up goals...but he's a great striker...he can do a lot

Vladimir Weiss is a good player too

And Mats Hummels

And a centre back called Subotic have offers over 20 million for him and he's not near worth that,but he's brilliant,as good as Vidic for United if not better (performances for me at least)

And Nuri,good attacking midfielder,not old either,try him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

I think it may just be a bug but a couple of players are missing from my game like Carozo and Djalo which is strange because I have the largest database on.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

Chris Gadi

French striker 16 at the start of FM10. Plays for Olympique Marseille.

http://www.fmformation.net/content/chris-gadi-69/

I got him three years in for Arezzo (in Serie B at the time) after United failed to offer him a new contract and he's been brilliant and only getting better. I'm in 2018 and he's the most important player in my Currently upper-mid table Serie A side. With his technique, dribbling, creativity and passing, he can play behind the front man too (a role I've only given him recently and is record since is almost unbelievible - last 8 games=10 goals and 4assists).

check him out. I got him for a free but as is said in that linik, if your a big club it could be the best money you ever spend

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

baz2009 wrote: »
    Yannick Djálo has been unreal for my Valencia team in FM10.
    Villa has been on brilliant form this season-9 games, 11 goals, 1 assist, 3 motm.
    He got injured for 5 weeks and I thought "Ah balls heres my season gone", so I had no option but to play Djálo. He's formed a great partnership with Mata, he's played 3 games, scored 5 goals, 1 assist and 2 motm. Got him for €9.25million at the beginning of the second season from Sporting Lisbon. His stats don't look great, but he's a good player.

At the start of fm10 sporting are letting him go for 850k bargin for that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

finnezzia wrote: »
    Chris Gadi

French striker 16 at the start of FM10. Plays for Olympique Marseille.

http://www.fmformation.net/content/chris-gadi-69/

I got him three years in for Arezzo (in Serie B at the time) after United failed to offer him a new contract and he's been brilliant and only getting better. I'm in 2018 and he's the most important player in my Currently upper-mid table Serie A side. With his technique, dribbling, creativity and passing, he can play behind the front man too (a role I've only given him recently and is record since is almost unbelievible - last 8 games=10 goals and 4assists).

check him out. I got him for a free but as is said in that linik, if your a big club it could be the best money you ever spend

Knew about his ability and have just signed him in July 2012 under similar circumstances for Reading (Free) from Chelsea who never really gave him a look in

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

67767_10150298994640307_737165306_15083887_2887781_n.jpg

Kevin Horan, a Striker in my Luton Town team.

Bought him for £160k in 2014 when he was 21 from Athlone Town when I was in division 1.

Didn't have the most brilliant start with only 9 goals and 8 assists in 39 games but he kicked on from there.

He gets dips in form but a bit of criticism in the press tends to sort him out.

If you are bringing a team from the lower divisions to the top and have a good training regime, he will become essential to your team. He's also a very loyal player. Interest has been fairly big in him but he never makes a move to leave and always says it would be with a very heavy heart if he did.

• Advertisement
Advertisement