Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up your DVD collection

• 21-07-2003 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice here.....
    I have philips +rw dvd writer, i'm just wondering whats the best software to use att he moment for backing up my dvd's,

I want to use software that I can shrink the 9.gb movies onto a 4.7disk without too much quality loss.

I used a program called dvdx copy last night, but it uses 2 disc's

Any suggestions???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dvd2one ..

is one

have a look here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Thanks Hussey...

I was loooking at it last night also checked out dvd shrink....have you used these programs and got them to play on stand alone plaeyers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭napalm@night

yep dvd2one is a great program plays all the dvds ive backed up so far...you may have some problems with copy protection on certian dvds so id recommend if you have problems ripping a dvd use dvd decrypter first then use dvd2one just rember when writing your dvds to place ur dvd files in a VIDEO_TS folder you'll need to have them placed in that folder to play them on your standalone....theres a couple of other good pieces of software around too. go to www.cdfreaks.com there reviews software etc there where you'll get all you need....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

www.vcdhelp.com

Should have all the info u need m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Thanks lads......

I backed up dare devil alst night using DVDx copy 6.7g film...and it put it on 2 dvd disks, it played in the stand alone player.

Hopefully these programs will do the trick....thanks again for your help:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement